User Experience Design Specialist
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
What We Do:
Fieldglass, an SAP company, provides a cloud-based Vendor Management System (VMS) to manage contingent workforce and services procurement programs. More than 400 global customers leverage Fieldglass to gain visibility into their external workforces, including contingent labor, services managed through Statements of Work and independent contractors while optimizing spend, quality, compliance and efficiency.
What Sets Us Apart:
Fieldglass was “born cloud”. As one of the forerunners of today’s highly successful cloud delivery model, Fieldglass has been a Software-as-a-Service application since its start. At a time when many buyers were using behind-the-firewall ERP applications to manage their non-employee workforce, this VMS industry first is now the industry standard. Additionally:
- We are the VMS market leader in global spend and in Q1 2017 retained our position as a Leader in this market by Forrester Research.
- Not only an industry leader but a thought leader - Fieldglass keeps customers up to date with VMS industry knowledge on our ‘From the Field’ blog, FUSE User Exchange and social media accounts.
- We work with the world’s leading companies, including AIG, Verizon, GlaxoSmithKline, Johnson & Johnson, CVS/Caremark, United Airlines, Panasonic, Rio Tinto, Monsanto, and many, many more.
- We are now part of SAP, a market leading enterprise application software company, helping companies of all sizes and industries run simple.
Fieldglass encourages an open door policy and a collaborative office environment. Team members across all departments can easily meet in any of our open office layouts. Those with an entrepreneurial and can-do attitude keep Fieldglass at the top of its industry. Traditional perks include casual dress, generous paid time off, charitable activities, stocked kitchens, great healthcare coverage and more!
We are currently seeking a User Experience Design Specialist who will be responsible for information architecture, page-level layout and usability engineering as well as visual design for the application. In this role, the UI/UX Designer will conceptualize designs and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment. This is an on-site position located in our Naperville or Chicago office.
- Direct the user interface, workflow and visual appearance of all new features and enhancements.
- Collaborate with developers, product managers, QA and marketing to create amazing user interfaces.
- Design and implement elegant software UI solutions to complex workflows.
- Create conceptual wireframes and user flow diagrams to solidify design direction.
- Identify priorities and gaps in current designs, and contribute / iterate creative solutions.
- Effectively communicate design decisions to peers, cross-functional team members, and company leadership.
- Willingness to work odd hours if required for collaboration or project purposes.
- Keep up with evolving design trends, technologies and best practices.
We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in a related field.
- 1-3 years of web design experience.
- Proficiency in HTML as well as Photoshop, Illustrator, Axure, OmniGraffle, or other visual design and wire framing tools.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction.
- Demonstrated UI design skills with a strong portfolio of project work.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to present designs and sell solutions.
- The ability to solve problems creatively and effectively.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas:[email protected] or [email protected], APJ: [email protected], EMEA: C[email protected]). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Job Segment: SAP, ERP, Developer, Engineer, Graphic Design, Technology, Engineering, Creative