Technical Product Manager
We are looking for a Technical Product Manager to join our Digital team, contributing to the success of our web presence at OneMainFinancial.com and mobile applications.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, reliable, detailed, and driven to produce high quality work. This individual must thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- You will work with development teams, business teams, and external partners as you develop and communicate shared vision across the company by building consensus on priorities leading to product execution.
- Provide hands-on technical management of engineers and designers during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases.
- Measure and review data on product changes to determine the need to iterate further.
- Understand OneMain’s strategic and competitive position and deliver products that drive the business forward, balancing both short and long term goals.
- Maximize efficiency in a constantly evolving environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are expected.
Skills or Experiences we want you to have:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field, with a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Experience as a product manager in a fast-paced technology-oriented company, with product ownership from idea to execution
- Strong communication, presentation, organizational, and analytical skills
- Knowledge of best practices in software development processes
- Understanding of the technical architecture of complex and highly scalable web applications
- Strong sense for quality and user experience
- Experience working with external technology vendors and partners
Bonus Points if you have:
- A passion for building software & web products
- Experience working in a start-up environment
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services
- Understanding of Ruby on Rails or Python
- Understanding of QA Frameworks, specifically Rspec and Capybara
- Mobile app or website pet projects you can share with us