Strategic Account Manager
JELLYVISION LAB NEEDS AMAZING STRATEGIC ACCOUNT MANAGERS
We here at Jellyvision are the proud parents of ALEX®, an interactive employee communications platform that happens to share some DNA (and a sense of humor) with the smash-hit trivia video game YOU DON’T KNOW ®, created by Jellyvision's founder. ALEX makes navigating tricky decisions—like choosing and using employee benefits or improving your financial wellness—easier, faster, and more helpful, not to mention entertaining. The success of the ALEX platform has exceeded our wildest dreams, (except for the part right before we woke up where our mom was riding a giraffe), which is why we need talented folks like you to help us help ALEX take over the world…er…continue to grow and succeed.
GREAT, SO WHAT’S THE JOB?
Jellyvision is looking to capitalize on the momentum that comes with disrupting an industry ripe for change and a big part of that is growing a team of Account Managers who are charged with delighting and growing current ALEX® accounts. The team’s goal is to:
- Help customers be successful in their use of ALEX®
- Sell customers other ALEX® products and services that solve their problems
- Leverage strong customer relationships for marketing
- Effectively communicate customer insights to the broader team at Jellyvision
- Oh…and be super fun and charming along the way.
The role involves a lot of customer interaction, a key focus on account growth and sales, and the ability to develop and maximize a close working relationship with the Insights analyst team (which is managed under the same VP). We’re a curious, goofy (but in a cool way), hard-working bunch who really like each other. It makes for a fun work day.
NO REALLY, WHAT WOULD I DO?
A successful Strategic Account Manager would:
- Actively sell the customer on Jellyvision’s new technologies and products – executing a strong sales process complete with pre-research, consultative question asking, pitches, and follow-ups
- Support key customer accounts through the sale of custom services, working with our project management and services team to appropriately scope and execute the project
- Help the account team design and iterate the system for customer touchpoints throughout their journey with ALEX®, managing the handoff from sales and the integration with the marketing and implementation teams
- Answer customer questions (via phone and email) with a deft mix of charm and hard-core competence
- Travel occasionally to visit customers onsite
SO WHAT KIND OF FOLKS ARE YOU LOOKING FOR?
We’re looking for awesome, experienced account managers, super comfortable with selling into (often large) corporate accounts and working with sales quotas. Bonus points if you’ve worked specifically with HR/Corporate Communications accounts or in the SaaS industry.
In a nutshell, we’re looking for people who are:
- Excitable. This role is about championing the customer and chasing the win. You should be a person who gets excited with the “a-ha” moment, excited by the sale, and excited by Jellyvision’s product and place in the market.
- Bright. You’ll have to do great research to be the expert on your customer accounts and the issues in the industry – a lot of this involves creative problem solving and crafty communication.
- Curious. In this role, you have to be inquisitive and energetic. You’re going to have to take a consultative approach to sales, being insightful and endlessly seeking out the real problems your customers are facing. Know-it-alls need not apply.
- Insightful. All that great customer knowledge and question asking? You’re going to have to use it wisely to make the right connections between your customers’ needs, Jellyvision’s products, and their overall Jellyvision experience.
- Discerning. This role walks the fuzzy line connecting customer relationship management and sales. You’re going to have to know when to try to make the sale, and when to hold off because it’s not the right solution for your customer.
- Genuine. No one likes a phony. Jellyvision people really care, are really interested, and really want to help people. Don’t be afraid to be you.
- Driven and motivated. This is a role where you’ll be encouraged to do great work by everyone around you, and you need to be up for the challenge. Our amazing team will help make sure you have the tools to ace the job, but ultimately your success will be determined by your hard work and dedication.
- Confident, not cocky. At the end of the day, we’re a humble crew. You’ve got to have personality (wit and Jellyvision charm) inserted into all of your customer communications, but still have the gravitas to close a sale with the big-wigs.
- Team player. We foster a collaborative environment and encourage team members to be helpful. Be proactive with learning from your peers but also be confident to share your experiences and knowledge with the team.
- Hardworking and Eager. We need individuals who like to learn and enjoy being busy, and are willing to jump in, lend a hand, and overall take initiative when it comes to new projects, tasks and duties.
ANYTHING ELSE? Yes. We share a commitment to excellence and a desire to work in a comfortable, friendly atmosphere, so we only hire nice, bright, funny people who are willing to work hard. Our credo is a simple one: be helpful. And we think we can be most helpful if our workforce is as diverse in thought, perspective, and culture as the people who use our products. We are looking to add amazing folks to our team who will bring diversity across many lines, including race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, sex, and country of origin.
ARE THERE ANY PERKS? Yes, we love perks.
- Competitive pay, 401(k) with matching, stock options and benefits. We pay 100% of the cost of premiums for medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance for our employees (as long as you qualify for our tobacco-free discount; if you’re a tobacco user, your medical premiums will be higher than $0). We also cover a really nice chunk of the cost of premiums for spouse/dependent medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Casual dress and a flexible schedule. Come in a sweatshirt, jeans, whatever, like everyone else here.
- Creative work environment. We are lucky to work in a place that is full of intelligent, talented and innovative folks. Although most hours the place is deathly quiet (we're a focused bunch), this is punctuated with hilarious outbursts and general merriment, which makes a nice way to spend the day.
- Free food. Every week, we stock our kitchen with free healthy snack foods, and we have a catered lunch every other week to give people a reason to hang out and eat together.
- Easy transportation and lots of love for folks who bike to work. We’re really close to the North/Clybourn red line stop and the Halsted (#8) bus (right by the Apple Store and Mega Whole Foods too), and we have a transit FSA that allows you to dedicate pre-tax dollars to public transportation expenses. A number of our employees like to bike to work, so we also have bike storage, showers and lockers in the office. And for those without their own bike in the city, we offer free divvy memberships – complete with Jellyvision bike helmets you can borrow from the office.
- Did we mention our yoga class? We bring a pro instructor right to the office. Fully subsidized by Jellyvision and fully optional, btw.
- Oh! And we have a massage chair. Not just any massage chair, my friend. It’s the HumanTouch HT 5320 WholeBody™ Massage Chair. Feeling a little stiff? Sit down. Relax. Feel better? Good. Okay, back to work.
AND HOW DO I APPLY?
We look forward to hearing about you and what you do. Make sure your application includes:
- A cover letter that highlights three reasons you think you’d be great for the gig, focusing on how your past experience has prepared you for this kind of position. Writing is key to all we do, and we weigh cover letters heavily. We love a cover letter that really shows us your personality (check out our company bios to see the wide range of personalities we’ve already got in house), but don’t stress if you’re not a comedian. You don’t have to be funny. Just be yourself. We’re mostly interested in learning who you are, what you love to do, and why you’d love to do it here with us.
- Your resume
You will receive an auto-reply confirming that we've received your application.
Please know that every single application we receive is read by a real live human being. However that kind of thoughtful review takes time, so it may take us a little while to get back to you (but we will, we promise). In the meantime, NO FOLLOW UP PHONE CALLS OR EMAILS, PLEASE. It’s not that we don’t love hearing from you. It’s just that time spent responding to follow ups could be spent…well…reading your application. Please rest assured that if you received a confirmation from Recruiting Robot, we’ve got your application, and will get back to you really soon. We knew you’d understand.
If you still have pressing questions in the meantime, please feel free to check out our handy-dandy FAQ page!
Thanks for your interest in Jellyvision!