Software Engineer - Java
SPINS, a Chicago-based SaaS company, is seeking a Software Engineer - Java to join its growing team.
By leveraging SPINS’ industry-leading proprietary data and analytics, our technology enables deeper, more engaged relationships between Retailers, Brands and Consumers through our platform, web, and mobile products.
WHO ARE WE?
- We eat collaboration and curiosity for breakfast
- We communicate quickly and succinctly
- We believe in roles instead of jobs
- We take initiative independently and hurdle challenges together
- We discuss, debate, decide and do with the same rapidity as we iterate our platform
- We are a talent ecosystem whose health is predicated on each individual’s ability to support every other individual’s success
WHO ARE YOU?
- Someone energetic, empathic and earnest
- Someone who wakes each morning thinking of which opportunity they will grab today
- Someone that refuses to give up when the path isn’t paved
- Someone that consistently delivers quality work on schedule
- Someone who would rather build the right tool to do the job than wait until they’re handed one
- A creative thinker as adept at looking at the Big Picture as they are at the details
- An obsessive perfectionist that knows when to put down the paintbrush and ship
- The kind of person that can expertly use an Onion headline as an analogy in a serious strategy meeting
WHAT DO WE NEED?
SPINS is looking for a motivated, detail-oriented and energetic Software Engineer - Java who will play a key role in the design and development of a product suite focused on making us best in class for the complex data analysis and highly targeted, context sensitive data for our CPG customers. The right candidate is a motivated, detail-oriented and energetic out-of-the-box thinker who can partner with the business and product management to create solutions. Ambition, motivation, and pure tech skill are the key traits that will help you thrive as the newest addition to our team. You'll ideally have 3 years of development experience using web technologies and 2 years of experience using MYSQL or other relational database technologies.
This is a position on the Applications Development Team and will be based in the SPINS headquarters in Chicago.
WHAT ARE YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES?
- Design and develop innovative web applications to meet business needs
- Work as part of a dynamic team developing software using cutting-edge frameworks and agile methods
- Build web services, web apps, and portals used by SPINS partners and customers
- Develop unit tests and integration tests
- Maintain existing code, and occasionally refactor old applications
- Create documentation to support new product/feature launches as needed