As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
Are you a Developer or Engineer seeking big challenges? We are currently looking for candidates who can take on responsibility for designing, developing and delivering software modules and components of varying size and complexity related to Java technologies. In this role, the candidate will collaborate and interface with peers and Team Leads from different departments during all phases of the SDLC, and will maintain and support product features in the Production and Pre-Production environments. If this does excite you, the SAP Fieldglass Engineering team has an opportunity just for you.
As an industry leader, our product is used by millions of people around the globe and we need to make their experience delightful as well as efficient. Our code base is almost old enough to vote and we have been revitalizing it with newer technologies and frameworks. Our team is growing so we can take on more challenges. This position is open at our Chicago and Naperville offices.
In the first 12 months, you will:
Ship: The most important thing that our team can do for the company is to ship production software. Aside from adding direct value to our customers, it is also the ultimate validation of our research and development efforts.
Learn: We move fast and are unafraid to venture into the unknown if it can improve our software or the way in which we deliver that software. As a result, we are constantly learning new technologies and new approaches.
Share: Everyone must be constantly learning and must be constantly teaching others on the team. This can come in the form of code reviews, one on one pairing sessions, group teaching sessions, and more.
Maintain a work/life balance: Our developers and managers work hard and have challenging problems to solve, but they go home at the end of the day and enjoy their evenings and weekends. We can’t promise you’ll never work late, but we can promise that it is not accepted as “normal.”
To accomplish this, you will need to have:
- A “maker’s mind”. Everything we do is about building and shipping software.
- A high degree of intellectual curiosity and a lack of fear for learning something new. You should be open to learn from others and willing to help mentor and teach.
- Be highly organized, yet can work in a flexible, fast-paced environment on multiple, concurrent tasks and adapt to shifting priorities.
- Participate in the full lifecycle development of software systems.
- Analyze and translate functional requirements and change requests into technical specifications.
- Perform impact analyses of new features or changes to existing functionality.
- Develop, test and implement program logic.
- Resolve functional and technical issues through debugging, research and investigation.
- Execute unit and system testing of the design once the solution has been developed.
- Work closely with other team members to successfully deploy code to production.
- Ensure accuracy and integrity of data and application through analysis, coding, writing clear documentation and problem resolution.
- Review development efforts and suggest improvements to the development process as needed.
What do you need to bring?
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in CIS, Mathematics, Engineering, MIS, or related course of study.
- 0 to 6 years of experience as a Software Developer or Engineer in either Product Development, QA Automation, or IT is preferred.
- Proficiency with a functional programming language is highly desirable. Experience in Java and SQL Server is preferred.
- Experience in delivering successful web application projects is preferred.
- Working knowledge of web related technologies (Web applications, Web Services and Service Oriented Architectures).
- Experience in both Waterfall & Agile methodologies.
So, who are we?
SAP Fieldglass was “born cloud” and are considered one of the forerunners of today’s highly successful cloud delivery model. We provide a cloud-based Vendor Management System (VMS) to manage contingent workforce and services procurement programs. More than 800 customers leverage the SAP Fieldglass solution to gain visibility into their external workforces, including contingent labor, services managed through Statements of Work and independent contractors while optimizing spend, quality, compliance and efficiency. With an open, collaborative culture and an entrepreneurial spirit, SAP Fieldglass is growing rapidly and is keen to hire those with a can-do attitude to help keep us at the top of our industry!
Traditional perks include casual dress, generous paid time off, charitable activities, stocked kitchens, great healthcare coverage and more!
Some of our attributes include:
- We are the VMS market leader in global spend and in Q1 2017 were again named the top company in our industry by Forrester Research. http://bit.ly/2nFcL4s
- Not only an industry leader but a thought leader – SAP Fieldglass keeps customers up to date with VMS industry knowledge on our ‘From the Field’ blog, FUSE User Exchange and social media accounts.
- We work with the world’s leading companies, including AIG, Verizon, GlaxoSmithKline, Johnson & Johnson, CVS/Caremark, United Airlines, Panasonic, Rio Tinto, Monsanto, and many, many more.
- We are now part of SAP, a market leading enterprise application software company, helping companies of all sizes and industries run simple.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: [email protected] or [email protected], APJ: [email protected], EMEA: [email protected]). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.