A helping hand. A friendly smile. A round of applause at a charity event. Universal signs of support. Visible symbols of people helping others. These gestures have the power to change the world. We are Gesture and we make hope happen. Gesture works with charities, non- profit organizations, schools, churches and political organizations nationwide to facilitate events that foster generosity and improve lives through fundraising activities. Among others, these activities include silent auctions, direct donations and live auctions. Gesture’s energetic team and unique mobile-bidding technology help our partners maximize their fundraising efforts.
POSITION OVERVIEW - Part-Time Position
An On Site Manager (OSM) is responsible for leading and managing the Gesture Professional Team in running AWESOME events. At all of our staffed events we provide our charity partners with an OSM and Gesture Professionals. An OSM is also expected to work closely with our clients to ensure each event is executed in a simple and seamless fashion. As an OSM you are able to select the days you are available to work ensuring you’re never scheduled to work at a time inconvenient to you. Our Peak Seasons are Spring (February-May) and Fall (September- November). This position reports to the Event Operations Manager.
Impress our clients on site with supreme enthusiasm, knowledge, and professionalism while executing AWESOME events. Manage and review G - Pros throughout each event to ensure they meet Gesture’s expectations and perform their required responsibilities
Always act in the best interest of Gesture, our clients, and meet or exceed expectations
- Update individual availability sheet to inform Operations team of days/times you are available to serve as OSM.
- Review the weekly OSM Newsletter and complete response verification form to demonstrate up to date understanding of what’s going on at Gesture.
- Review bi-weekly Product Update to stay informed of all updates made to
- Gesture’s Technology platform
- Communicate effectively with Account Managers (AMs) and other Gesture personnel regarding event logistics leading up to event day
- Conduct a team huddle with Pros prior to each event to review basic tasks and any tech updates related to their roles
- Execute all event-related tasks ensuring a satisfied guest and customer experience
- Submit Event Recap Form within 48 hours of event completion and transition the client back to Account Manager.
- Adhere to all company polices and procedures
- Experience working as a Gesture Pro
- Capable of maintaining a smile in chaotic environments
- Ability to train event staff in a group setting
- Ability to make quick decisions
- Team focused and extremely organized
- Proficient with the use of Apple products and new technologies
- Desire to learn, grow, and help our charity partners succeed
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required
- Experience in non-profit sector, customer service, event management or account management preferred, but not required
- Available to work nights, weekends, and travel as needed
- Composure Professionalism
- Customer Focus Identifying A Problem & Solving
- Organizing & Planning Time Management
- Training & Coaching
- Conflict Resolution
- Technology Interest
Read Full Job Description