Senior Software Engineer - Java
SPINS, a Chicago-based SaaS company, is seeking a Senior Software Engineer - Java to join its growing team.
By leveraging SPINS’ industry-leading proprietary data and analytics, our technology enables deeper, more engaged relationships between Retailers, Brands and Consumers through our platform, web, and mobile products.
WHO ARE WE?
- We eat collaboration and curiosity for breakfast
- We communicate quickly and succinctly
- We believe in roles instead of jobs
- We take initiative independently and hurdle challenges together
- We discuss, debate, decide and do with the same rapidity as we iterate our platform
- We are a talent ecosystem whose health is predicated on each individual’s ability to support every other individual’s success
WHO ARE YOU?
- Someone energetic, empathic and earnest
- Someone who wakes each morning thinking of which opportunity they will grab today
- Someone that refuses to give up when the path isn’t paved
- Someone that consistently delivers quality work on schedule
- Someone who would rather build the right tool to do the job than wait until they’re handed one
- A creative thinker as adept at looking at the Big Picture as they are at the details
- An obsessive perfectionist that knows when to put down the paintbrush and ship
- The kind of person that can expertly use an Onion headline as an analogy in a serious strategy meeting
WHAT DO WE NEED?
SPINS is looking for a Software Engineer to join the development team behind the central component of all SPINS applications, that enables unified, secure and distributed way to access our company unique set of data.
Our challenges are:
- to build new microservices platform which will replace legacy monolith application
- increase availability, withstand more loads, optimize costs
- bring our CI/CD pipelines to a new level
We work with an agile process where every team member gets the opportunity to analyze, develop and test software. Also, the team supports the analysis of usage data, the monitoring of production systems and is actively involved in supporting clients.
Required Skills and Experience
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 6 years development experience development experience using web technologies
- Relentless desire to learn and improve
- Solid knowledge of object-oriented principles
- Strong software design skills
- An understanding of the importance of producing readable code
- Knowledge about basic algorithms and data structures
- In-depth experience of writing unit-, acceptance- and performance tests
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Delivery
- Experience with running highly available service serving thousands of requests
- Familiarity with HTTP, the REST-principles, and TCP/IP networking
- Experience working with Cloud Platforms (Google Cloud, AWS) is a plus
- Experience working with large data sets and NoSQL data stores
- Frontend development experience (AngularJS) is a plus
Some specific technologies we use:
- Google Cloud (especially BigQuery and Dataflow)
- Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Hibernate