Senior Project Manager
SPINS, a Chicago-based SaaS company, is seeking a Sr. Project Manager.
By leveraging SPINS’ industry-leading proprietary data and analytics, our technology enables deeper, more engaged relationships between Retailers, Brands and Consumers through our platform, web, and mobile products.
WHO ARE WE?
- We eat collaboration and curiosity for breakfast
- We communicate quickly and succinctly
- We believe in roles instead of jobs
- We take initiative independently and hurdle challenges together
- We discuss, debate, decide and do with the same rapidity as we iterate our platform
- We are a talent ecosystem whose health is predicated on each individual’s ability to support every other individual’s success
WHO ARE YOU?
- Someone energetic, empathic and earnest
- Someone who wakes each morning thinking of which opportunity they will grab today
- Someone that refuses to give up when the path isn’t paved
- Someone that consistently delivers quality work on schedule
- Someone who would rather build the right tool to do the job than wait until they’re handed one
- A creative thinker as adept at looking at the Big Picture as they are at the details
- An obsessive perfectionist that knows when to put down the paintbrush and ship
- The kind of person that can expertly use an Onion headline as an analogy in a serious strategy meeting
WHAT DO WE NEED?
The Senior Project Manager is responsible the management of projects associated with the IT engineering organization. In this role, you will be working directly with engineers, product management, and IT/Ops to drive development and delivery off a cutting edge solutions. You will be using your technical and project management skills in defining, implementing and managing the SDLC in an Agile development environment.
This position is based at the SPINS headquarters in Chicago’s River North neighborhood.
WHAT ARE YOUR REPONSIBILITIES?
- Responsible for managing and executing projects within the development organization.
- Works with product managers and development teams to assure requirements are captured and recorded using the appropriate methodology, such as Agile or PMI PMP methods.
- Works as a Scrum Master within the development teams to effectively fulfill project objectives.
- Develops a deep knowledge of all aspects of the project, defines priorities and effectively manages planning, execution, and monitoring to successful conclusion.
- Monitors program performance and takes corrective action as necessary to achieve project deliverables.
- Identify project risk and mitigation plans to minimize impact on deliverables.
- Manage changes to the project scope, schedule and resources in order to keep the project on track.
- Process definition to support the project and improve working practices to address problems, ensure scalability (E.g. Defect Management, Release Processes and QA, E2E Testing, Go Live Reviews)
- Effectively communicate project status to all key stakeholders and team members.
WHAT HAVE YOU ALREADY ACCOMPLISHED?
- 6 – 9 years of successful management and solution delivery of cross-functional projects and programs
- Demonstrated project management and delivery process/methodology and project management tool experience (e.g. JIRA, Confluence, MS Project, Excel, Sharepoint).
- Agile development and project management
- Competency in product delivery life cycles and methods to optimize the life cycle for project needs via use of best practices
- Developed a strong technical aptitude and hands on experience working with technical teams
- Excellent problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Capable of working independently
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional multi-tasking ability
- Mastery of tracking and managing multiple projects working with a variety of cross-functional resources