Senior Manager- Team Analytics
As the world’s leading sports data and technology company, STATS powers sports. We are trusted by more than 800 clients around the globe to enhance fan engagement and maximize team performance by analyzing sports data from more than 100,000 games a year with unrivaled speed and accuracy. We power sports on and off the field through data feeds, video analysis, sports content and research, player tracking through STATS SportVU®, and customizable digital solutions.
For more information, go to www.stats.com and follow STATS on Twitter @STATS_Insights.
What You'll Do:
As the Senior Manager, Team Analytics, it will be your responsibility, along with your team, to help our clients get more value from our data through industry leading data and expertise. A close connection to our clients and our data will allow you and your team to synthesize new analytics offerings that are both impactful to our clients and differentiated from our competitors. This analysis may change the way a team plans for an upcoming match/game or how a media entity explains the sport to fans everywhere. You will be expected to leverage the feedback from our clients to collect, store and deliver better and more accurate data products.
Your vision will include defining metrics and processes to identify potential issues and concerns in the area of data products and analytics.
- Deliver on revenue-driven requests for analysis with highest priority.
- Grow revenue by positioning STATS as the thought leader in data analytics.
- Improve operational efficiency by bringing together analysts from all sports to better support our clients.
- Complete existing work more efficiently by sharing best practices across sports.
- Improve margins with better scalability specifically by managing the workload of all analysts.
- Improve the skills of all analysts by training across sports.
- Synthesize new data points and metrics by actively building out our current data offerings.
- Grow revenue with clients by finding new and innovative ways to respond to client requests.
- Be proactive in reaching out to clients rather than only reactive to their questions.
- Create/maintain shared data visualization library to create more value for our clients in all sports.
- Improve client experience by delivering on faster turn-around times for analytics requests.
- Grow revenue by working with clients to better understand their brand and market strategy and providing high-level analytics that fits into that strategy.
- Create upsells for clients by creating and providing custom reports.
- Position STATS as a thought leader in sports analytics to generate more leads and allow for us to provide more data analytics to all clients.
What You'll Need:
- 10+ years of combined experience in the following areas
- Mathematics, Technical Programming, and/or Computer Statistics
- Customer Service or Client-Facing Support
- Must possess general knowledge of most sports (specific knowledge from a team analysis standpoint preferred) and be resourceful and willing to discover and research new information
- Must have managed other individuals in the past and have proven leadership capabilities
- Master’s degree in CS, Mathematics, Statistics preferred
STATS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics.