Senior Director, HR Business Partner
WORKING FOR TRUNK CLUB
When you join Trunk Club, you join the Nordstrom family. Our fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment is paired with the strong history and experience of a retail legacy. We have access to some of the greatest minds in retail and technology and are constantly creating innovative strategies to develop the ultimate apparel solutions. We welcome your adaptability, your curiosity, and your passion to contribute to our unparalleled shopping experience!
ABOUT THE HR TEAM
As a People Team at Trunk Club, we espouse and encourage innovation,
adaptability, accountability, knowledge, and collaboration in each other and in
everything we do. We encompass a dynamic group of individuals dedicated to an
amazing employee experience and a deep sense of team work.
A DAY IN THE LIFE
- Support and drive the HR mission and people capability strategies of the Company to support Company goals
- Partner closely with executive business leaders to ensure that we are focusing on the engagement of our people, driving performance and ensuring that our employees are getting development through the right career assignments and experiences.
- Collaborate and partner with the Senior Director, HR Specialists to ensure all employees receive consistent service from the HR team
- People manager for team of HR generalists in multiple locations
- Coordination, collaboration and alignment with Nordstrom HQ on overall talent and people agenda
- Oversee the implementation and ongoing effectiveness of processes and programs in all areas such as talent acquisition, learning and development, organizational design, performance management, diversity and resolution of employee issues
- Partner with specialist teams on program delivery and execution (talent acquisition, learning and development and performance management) that ensures the retention of top talent and build a bench of strength.
- Enable the broader HR team to better understand the unique needs of their business areas.
- Effectively build team and develop the HR capability across the organization that results in the strengthening of individuals through different experiences, resulting in leaders promotable inside or outside of HR
- Strengthen the business acumen and analytical knowledge of the HR organization at all levels, increasing our capabilities to make value added recommendations and drive successful change
- Demonstrate knowledge of and partner with Risk teams on compliance related issues, educating managers and employees on employment and wage/hour laws-both State and Federal
YOU OWN THIS IF YOU HAVE
- Degree in related field preferred or demonstrated experience required, SPHR designation preferred.
- Experience in management and leadership roles with progressively larger responsibility and matrix organizations.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience within Human Resources function.
- Demonstrated understanding of retail and the service environment.
- Ability to build strong relationship with peers and senior leadership.
- Strong strategic planning, consultative abilities and critical thinking skills; proven ability to think in white space.
- Working with executive leadership to build and scale teams.
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication and strong interpersonal skills
- Can navigate effectively at various levels of the organization, comfortable with ambiguity
- Strong business acumen.
- Can demonstrate the ability and willingness to move outside of their “comfort zone” to pursue new opportunities; Encourages others to do the same.
- Ability to travel up to 30%
WHAT TRUNK CLUB WILL PROVIDE
- Healthcare benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k)
- Career advancement opportunities with strong emphasis on internal promotions
- A company culture like you’ve never experienced
- State of the art workplace environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is required to frequently stand; walk; use hands and fingers, reach with hands and arms.