Senior Compliance Internal Auditor
Guaranteed Rate is eighth largest retail mortgage lender in the U.S. The company has become The Home Purchase Experts® by offering industry-leading self-service tools and low rate, low fee mortgages through an easy-to-understand process and unparalleled customer service. Headquartered in Chicago with approximately 3,000+ employees in 200+ offices across the U.S. and licensed in all 50 states, Guaranteed Rate has helped hundreds of thousands of homeowners with more than $23 billion in home purchase loans and refinances in the past year.
Guaranteed Rate has been able to expand successfully nationwide through a business model that allows top originators to join the company and close more loans faster through its technology, pricing, process and support. The company now has more top loan originators in the annual national rankings from mortgage industry publications Mortgage Executive, Scotsman Guide and Origination News than any other bank or mortgage company. Having gone through explosive growth Guaranteed Rate has maintained being highly entrepreneurial while maintaining a healthy work life balance. If you’re interested in working with motivated and intelligent people while disrupting an industry, then we want to talk with you.
Our home base is an old textile building that’s been turned into a hip office with exposed brick and duct work, windows we can actually open during the summer and an open floor plan – no cubicle life here. There are a few offices, but we totally outnumber the office dwellers. The awesomeness doesn’t end there, we also have:
- Free 20 minute monthly massages. It’s true, we don’t want you to be a cramped-up mess.
- A free on-site nurse. Psshh who needs a doctor’s appointment when our nurse can do it all? Did we mention the free part?
- An in-house café offering breakfast, lunch and a late afternoon healthy snack. All meals are subsidized so you’ll never pay full price.
- Access to the office gym for only $20 a year – no really - the whole year. Oh and for a puny fee you can take yoga, Cross Fit or boxing. We like our folks healthy and happy.
- A 5,000 square foot rooftop deck that’s available to everyone all day and all evening with wifi, two bars, music, grills and fun umbrellas and fire pits – provided it’s not covered in snow.
- Holiday parties? We got’em! Not just major holidays, any holiday….Marti Gras, Valentine’s Day, St. Paddy’s Day, Opening Day, Boxing Day (for our Canadian employee), Sweetest Day, Groundhog Day, etc..
- Inter-office contests like the Great Mac-Off, Chili Cook-Off and limbo. We always keep you guessing and participating.
- 401k with some matching, Blue Cross health care coverage – yup, dental and vision too, short-term disability, life insurance – we got ya covered on this one, legal assistance – for a small monthly fee and did we mention the awesome rooftop deck?
While we don’t allow jeans, we also don’t allow suits. We want you to just look your best every day and you’ll fit right in.
Guaranteed Rate is looking for a new Senior Compliance Internal Auditor to join our team.
- Assist with the planning and execution of compliance, financial, operational, and IT audits, and associated workpapers, to meet audit objectives as a third line of defense
- Perform internal audits under minimal supervision to ensure the timely completion of audit projects in accordance with the annual Internal Audit workplan
- Assess and document business processes to ensure appropriate internal controls are in place and operating effectively and efficiently
- Complete internal audit workpapers and reports that clearly and concisely describe issues identified (implications to the business unit and company as a whole) and provide value-added recommendations to improve the effectiveness or efficiency of controls / business processes
- Monitor the status and resolution of open audit issues and action plans.
- Assist the external auditors and regulators as needed
- Communicate project status to key internal/external contacts and audit management as needed
- Participate in ad-hoc special projects or duties as assigned
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or related field
- At least one of the following certifications: Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) – or working to achieve.
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in internal, external, compliance, and/or Big 4 CPA audit activities
- Knowledge of banking compliance regulations (HMDA, ECOA, etc.) and internal control areas is required, as is comprehension of internal auditing standards, generally accepted accounting principles, SOX, COSO, and risk assessment practices
- Possess strong analytical skills and demonstrate ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw conclusions, and solve problems
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate ability to handle multiple priorities in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work independently with limited direct supervision, but also be able to work closely with other team members
- Ability to innovate and/or think outside of the box to enhance the internal audit function
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office applications
Guaranteed Rate is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reason protected by law.