Job Description: About the opportunity:
Emmi Solutions, a Wolters Kluwer Company, has a unique opportunity available! We are looking for a qualified Scrum Master! The Scrum Master will involve fostering one or more self-organizing agile development teams, coaching them productivity through the application of scrum concepts and principles. The development teams are building a platform that will enable creation of dynamic, personalized, rules-driven content that can be tailored to individuals, pushing the technology adoption boundary in Healthcare with innovative solutions.
There is an agile project manager component within this Scrum master role, that includes planning and progress across projects and reporting out to management, clients and other stakeholders. This role requires excellent communication, organization and facilitation skills, as well as experience being a team collaborator and representative. This position reports to the Vice President of Solutions Architecture.
About the opportunity:
• Plan and hold scrum meetings and rituals (daily standups, sprint reviews, retrospectives, sprint planning, release planning)
• Remove impediments to progress, assist with addressing team to team dependencies, and shield team from external interference
• Enable continuous improvement and monitor team health through retrospectives and daily communication
• Track progress and ensure visibility by preparing agile metrics relevant to the team (sprint burndown, release burnup, team velocity)
• Assist the Product Owner in keeping the backlog groomed and ready for planning
• Ensure the team adheres to scrum values and practices
• Facilitate discussion and alternatives when conflict arises
Agile Project Management
• Create project plans for tracking key milestones, features, dependencies and target dates
• Communicate project activities, issues, and risks through status reporting
• Identify gaps of missing roles/resources and escalate/assist with resolution
• Manage usage of proper change management processes and documentation
• Hold project teams accountable to their commitments
• Support teams with managing roadblocks to their work
Key characteristics of success in this role include passion for anything analytical, demonstrated interest in technology and business, strong problem-solving skills, ability to be flexible and adapt to different situations, and excellent interpersonal and organization skills.
The following describes your perfect job environment
• Large clients with big expectations: hundreds of healthcare organizations who demand excellence and execution from Emmi Solutions
• Compelling consumer experience: millions of patients every year watch an Emmi program
• Agile development methodologies
• Working and collaborating within small teams
• High-energy environment that constantly challenges and encourages everyone to speak their mind: we value honesty and open dialog
Qualifications: Qualifications and Education:
Preferred: Bachelor's Degree
Required: 3-5+ years working in a Technology environment preferably in project management
• 2-3+ years of Scrum Master experience (preferably in software development)
• 3+ years managing projects to successful completion
• Exceptional soft skills, including the ability to speak to both technical and business concerns
• Detail-oriented with excellent follow through on requests and commitments
• Experience overseeing cross-functional teams with team members such as Developers, Database Administrators, and QA Engineers
• A solid understanding of scrum/agile methodologies and values
Equally important to technology skills is temperament… would you describe yourself as
• Excellent with time management and prioritization to meet aggressive deadlines
• Superior in communication – able to write clear documents and give/receive feedback appropriately
• Creative problem solver and researcher – able to provide multiple solutions
• High-energy self-starter who takes initiative but is flexible and casual – a team player
Possible travel for training or work events. Between 0-4 trips per year.
About Wolters Kluwer
Wolters Kluwer N.V. (AEX: WKL) is a global leader in information services and solutions for professionals in the health, tax and accounting, risk and compliance, finance and legal sectors. We help our customers make critical decisions every day by providing expert solutions that combine deep domain knowledge with specialized technology and services.
Wolters Kluwer reported 2016 annual revenues of €4.3 billion. The company, headquartered in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands, serves customers in over 180 countries, maintains operations in over 40 countries and employs 19,000 people worldwide.
Wolters Kluwer shares are listed on Euronext Amsterdam (WKL) and are included in the AEX and Euronext 100 indices.
For more information about our solutions and organization, visit www.wolterskluwer.com, follow us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Wolters Kluwer U. S. Corporation and all of its subsidiaries, divisions and customer/business units is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
For any assistance with your application for this job opening, please call the HR Source at (888) 495-4772 or email [email protected] TTY is also available at (888) 495-4771.
Read Full Job Description