Salesforce Development Manager
At Relativity, we make great software that helps users organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. Our product is used by more than 13,000 organizations around the world – in the cloud, on-premises, or both – to manage large volumes of data.
Here you can own your career in a community of values-driven people who help our customers around the world solve complex data challenges. If this sounds like the place for you, check out the details of this position below.
The Manager, Software Engineering, will lead a team of highly effective engineers as they work with our internal IT teams and customers to support their demands and help them to meet their business goals and objectives. The Manager, Software Engineering works under general direction of a director.
- Foster an environment that encourages quality, productivity, creativity and innovation
- Lead, manage, coach, mentor and strive to continually improve team efficiency and effectiveness
- Facilitate team stand-ups, review meetings, prioritize team work, and act as functional manager
- Provide technical mentoring and leadership
- Plan and ensure sufficient labor resource capacity and capability are available to meet the business forecast (short and long) for software engineering
- Lead SCRUM, Agile and Waterfall software development processes
- Design, build, and enhance applications and, integrations with a focus on flexibility, scalability, security, performance, quality and utilizing industry best practices.
- Troubleshoot complex issues and improve application system performance by responding to client specific problems and fixing defects; employ methods such as smoke testing to additionally validate product quality before involving other team members or clients
- Define and maintain team operating standards for items such as SDLC processes, coding standards, code control, issue tracking, time reporting, to improve productivity, velocity and quality
- Support, enhance, and maintain existing systems by analyzing existing code, identifying areas for modification and correcting software defects
- Ability to translate and document customer requirements into specifications including complex business processes and document using the appropriate tools
- Drive continuous improvement in design quality and delivery through the use of metrics
- Implement and managing the application lifecycle management process for code through development, test, and production environments
- Actively participate in the day-to-day engineering projects and activities
- Maintain currency with development best practices/trends
- Keep close partnership with other team members by adequately transferring knowledge and collaborating
- May be required to handle technical support calls, as needed, during the year to support customizations, custom code and applications
- Masters/Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Equivalent
- 4+ years leadership in a similar role, managing 3-5 software engineers and working with cross functional teams that have varying levels of technical acumen.
- 8+ years in the Software Engineering Discipline , including advanced hands-on experience using Latest Programming Languages, Object-Oriented Programming, High-Performance, Fault-tolerant Distributed Systems, Data Storage Systems
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with executives, managers, and subject matter experts with a demonstrated ability to work in a team-oriented and service-driven environment
- Ability to drive a project through the full development lifecycle
- Strong knowledge of software development methodologies and best practices
- Experience leading teams using Agile/Waterfall development methodologies
- Strong orientation to detail, process and prioritization
- Ability to multitask, and propensity to handle interrupts with poise and professionalism while meeting timelines
- Experience with Managed Packages and integrations to other 3rd party solutions
- Project management skills, including requirements gathering, working with cross functional teams, capacity planning and providing accurate time estimates
- Prior ScrumMaster
- 5 years working in designing, developing and architecting enterprise software using Salesforce.com and advanced programming using C++, C#, Java
- 4 years Platform development with a broad knowledge of customer application development, using the right mix of declarative and programmatic capabilities to create custom applications
- Experience with front-end testing frameworks (Selenium, Jasmine, etc)
- Data Warehouse support
- Experience using SOQL, Salesforce record indexing, integration of web services using SOAP and REST API’s
- Expertise with database software such as DevOps Experience and managing operating systems such as Windows Sever 2008/2012 or Linux and database software such as Microsoft SQL Server 2008 or 2012
- Salesforce Platform Developer I certification or ability to obtain within 3 months of hire
Our software has more than 150,000 active users in more than 40 countries from organizations including the U.S. Department of Justice, more than 70 Fortune 100 companies, and more than 195 of the Am Law 200. We have grown significantly over the last several years and continue striving to build software that helps solve our customers’ toughest e-discovery and unstructured data challenges.
If you’re ready to grow with us, we’d love to hear from you.