Vice President of Sales
About the Company
Civis Analytics is one of the premier data science product and solution companies helping businesses use data to gain a competitive advantage in how they identify, attract, and engage loyal customers, constituents, donors or voters. With a powerful combination of best-in-class proprietary data, cutting-edge software solutions, and an interdisciplinary team of data scientists, developers, and survey science experts, Civis works with Fortune 500 companies and the country’s largest nonprofits to make data-driven decision-making essential to how the world’s best companies do business.
Civis embraces the individuality of our employees and we celebrate each other's differences. Our products, services, and culture benefit from and thrive on the unique perspectives brought by each person in our Civis community. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, age, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
About the Role
As VP of Sales you will be responsible for acquiring and retaining customers for our data science solutions and services. You will be charged with identifying and evaluating potential growth opportunities, building and driving relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, continuing the building of the software sales team, territory planning, providing market research and analysis, and helping shape the go-to-market strategy for our products and services in a perpetually evolving environment.
Your responsibilities will cut across all departments at Civis Analytics. You must be able to work well with others who approach problems from different perspectives, but you will be expected to challenge and improve the way we operate as we mature. This role will report to the CRO and is based in our Chicago headquarters.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, marketing, computer science, or a related subject, or equivalent work experience
- 12+ years of sales experience, of which 5+ are C-level relationship sales for a technology company
- Experience leading 10-20 employees or other large sales teams
- Demonstrated ability to hire and retain sales and business development rising stars
- Must be a great coach and mentor for all ‘sellers’ at Civis
- Ability to build process and systems and to teach sales best practice
- Proven track record of leading and driving successful sales plans and meeting or exceeding targets
- A robust knowledge of the software industry, including demonstrated market research and analysis
- 5+ years of relationship and account management experience
- Outstanding communication skills (written, verbal, and presentation)
- Willingness to travel
- A sense of humor
- MBA or advanced degree
- SaaS sales experience
- Strong familiarity with analytics