Software Sales Executive
Who We Are:
Recently named one of Inc. Magazine’s 2018 Best Workplaces, Smokeball was founded by technology leaders with more than 20 years of experience in delivering impactful legal technology products. Our leadership continually strives to develop a company, culture, and team that share a profound love for the law and are compelled to help small law firms find success. Our mission isn’t simple, but it is straightforward: help small law firms be successful businesses so that they can better serve our communities.
If you have been searching for an opportunity with a fast-paced technology company, or if you want to grow roots in an industry that offers huge potential, Smokeball is just what you’ve been searching for.
What We Need:
We are seeking highly motivated, ambitious Software Sales Executives that are looking to grow their career within the SaaS environment. This position is for hunters – high-volume prospecting, calling, and closing the sale are all a part of the daily activities. While we do provide ample marketing, event and lead opportunities, we look for closers who take it upon themselves to bring in business on their own through consistent targeted outreach. Over the course of a week your responsibilities could include:
- Diving into the Smokeball software and learning its features
- Prospecting for potential clients and scheduling/presenting demos of our software
- Building a positive relationship with prospects and closing new clients
- Attending industry events to promote and sell Smokeball
Who You Are:
Company culture is the single most important ingredient to our success at Smokeball. Our core values hang on our walls, are listed in our handbook, and are discussed regularly. Our office thrives on positive feedback from our clients and team members alike and we really, really love small love firms. As a member of the team, it is expected that you will care for your colleagues and our clients from day one and that you will work hard to identify areas we can improve in both aspects. We expect open communication, an open mind, and mad ping-pong skills (okay, not a requirement but definitely a plus).
What You Bring:
- 3+ years’ experience in software sales (small to mid-size businesses preferred)
- Experience selling to law firms is a plus
- Proven ability to sell a premium software product
- Familiarity with Salesforce or other CRM solutions
- Experience with webinar and screen-sharing tools, such as GoToWebinar, Zoom, Clearslide, Google Hangouts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially as it relates to technology
- A proactive nature – you look to find solutions to problems instead of just reacting to them or solving them to complete a call
- Patience and integrity – approaching each situation with a fresh outlook and the clients’ success in mind
- Ability to identify client needs and challenges that must be tackled in order for them to grow into the product
- Your DNA: A team player, self-motivated, high energy, ability to cope with a growing/changing environment, fun yet professional
- Culture: Named one of Inc. Magazine’s 2018 Best Workplaces
- Compensation: Base + Commission could exceed $100k
- Work-Life Balance: 15 vacation days, 6 sick days, 10 paid holidays, birthday off, volunteer time
- Benefits: 401(k) match, gym reimbursement, transit assistance, medical/dental/vision, etc.
- Massages: Free monthly massages provided by a licensed massage therapist
- Kitchens: Stocked with breakfast items, snacks, and beverages
- Happy Hours: Both in the office and at fun bars in the area
- Games: Ping-pong, billiards, pop-a-shot, board games, video games, etc.
- Transit: We’re located in downtown Chicago