Software Sales Associate (Multiple Openings)
VelocityEHS has been rated one of the 2018 Top Workplaces in Chicago by the Chicago Tribune.
*Hiring now for future dates in January and Spring/Summer 2019
We are seeking a talented, money-motivated individual who is looking to establish or build upon a career in territory sales. Our Mid-Market Associates are responsible for supporting the day to day activity of our Territory Account Team with a focus on increasing market share within the Mid-Market segment, specifically within a specific geographic territory. Mid-Market Associates drive revenue by carrying out strategic campaign initiatives that take a consultative selling approach towards understanding the customer’s needs and guiding the customer to the appropriate VelocityEHS solution. In working with our team of Territory Account Representatives to close accounts, Mid-Market Associates will learn and contribute to all aspects of the sales process which includes but is not limited to: creating sales and marketing plans, prospecting, selling value, setting up and participating in web-based presentations and creating proposals and contracts.
The ideal candidate will possess a positive attitude, enthusiasm, great people skills, a willingness to learn and an ability to articulate a value proposition. We use a team approach, combined with one-on-one education to bring out the best in people. A technical sales background is not a prerequisite; we will train the right person.
Why should you apply?
- You enjoy communicating with people. You like building relationships and having conversations with people.
- You have a drive to make a difference. We love self-starters!
- Finding new business and prospecting excites you. You will be able to find your leads outside of provided leads.
- You don’t have a problem being on the phone (because you will be, a lot!)
- You want a fun, team oriented environment. We are territory based and have seven sales teams who all have a lot of fun!
- You are a competitive person who enjoys goals and hitting them. You will have a quota and metrics and we want someone who loves to meet those and EXCEED. We have an incentive committee who has monthly outings and events for top reps!
- You want to sell a product you can stand behind. VelocityEHS’ solution truly makes workplaces safer and our customer’s lives easier!
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Meeting and Exceeding individual sales creation pipeline goals
- Prospecting and contacting leads via phone and email within the mid-market segment and setting up web-based presentations over the phone to showcase our wide product offerings
- Play a key role in the successful execution of strategic sales and marketing plans to grow market share within assigned geographic territory
- Driving revenue by effectively addressing the customers’ business need, offering appropriate value proposition solutions, creating urgency, and closing accounts over the phone
- Becoming a subject matter expert by acquiring ongoing marketplace intelligence by researching trends and best practices, reading business publications, seeking out learning and development opportunities and utilizing internal training resources
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Mid-Market Sales Director
REQUIRED SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Minimal Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience
- Basic understanding of sales and desire to sell
- Experience maintaining a high level of activity, managing multiple competing priorities, and working effectively in a results-driven, highly competitive environment
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Strong decision-making and organizational skills
- Detail oriented and self-motivated
- Experience working independently, but can also can be an effective team member
- Pro-active learn and open to constructive feedback
- Ability to handle and overcome rejection
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant business or sales major
- Proven sales experience (0-3 years)
- Experience initiating, establishing, and nurturing meaningful business relationships over the phone and email
- Experience in a role that required being on the phone daily (admissions, fundraising, etc.)
- Experience with technology and internet deployed services
- Proficiency in use of Salesforce.com
At VelocityEHS we’re all about helping companies around the world promote a safer work environment for their employees. We develop innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions that enable our customers, environmental health and safety (EH&S) professionals in a wide range of industries, to work faster and more cost-effectively in administering their overall safety compliance programs.
Headquartered in the heart of downtown Chicago, VelocityEHS is much more than just a place to work. VelocityEHS has cultivated a unique environment where success is both a journey and an everyday occurrence. We work hard and play hard because we love what we do. We place a high value on teamwork, and at the same time, look for individuals who are self-motivated and willing to take risk to help the company advance.
VelocityEHS offers many benefits, including:
- Paid time off and volunteer day
- Paid holidays
- Health/dental insurance
- 401(K) plan with employer match
- Casual dress
- Transit benefit program
- Summer early release Fridays
- Team outings
- Game room/rooftop
- Many more!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace.
Base salary + uncapped incentive pay program + full benefits.