Senior Sales Executive
Ensono is a leading, large-scale provider of mainframe and infrastructure services serving mid-tier to large enterprise clients. The Gartner Group says that, “Ensono is one of the top three mainframe services providers and a top ten provider of data center outsourcing services in North America… helping clients transform to a more standardized, and ultimately, cloud-based delivery”
Ensono is the 2018 Microsoft Azure partner of the year, AWS Premier Managed Service partner, the 3rd largest Mainframe-as Service provider in the US, and a top 15 managed services/outsourcing growth company as measured by ISG the last 5 quarters in-a-row. Our company and community is one that focuses on philosophy of we win together. The right candidate will have a true partnership with all pillars of our business as we work as a team to grow.
What you will do:
The Senior Sales Executive must have a proven track record selling “as-a-service” complex technology offerings that include managed services, public cloud, mainframe, security and outsourcing. He/she will have accountability for the creation of new bookings as well from the acquisition of new clients through consultative engagement process. He/she must be highly motivated and have the ability and desire to run their self-functioning sales unit by partnering with Sales Engineering, Operations, and Marketing within the business.
The candidate will be a strategic thinker and self-starter who is focused on creating solutions and solving business problems with a consultative sales approach, and be a multi-dimensional thinker who operates not only on the basis of important past experiences but with the incorporation of new approaches and developments that occur in the this fast-moving market.
The candidate also must possess strong presentation skills and be able to communicate professionally in written responses to emails, RFPs, and reports. As a member of the Ensono Sales team, they will ensure proper execution for the lifecycle of a deal establishing sound relationships with internal stakeholders and client executives.
Key activities include:
- Proactively identify new revenue opportunities and relationships to drive account and revenue growth
- Create new and sustain existing senior relationships
- Promote and drive client relationships by providing thought leadership and consultation on the alignment of client business needs to Ensono and partner products and services
- Ability to partner in a cross-functional model with Sales Engineering, Marketing, and Product
- Drive contract negotiations for new and existing business in partnership with Legal
- Work closely with Sales Engineering and the customer on solution, value, and pricing scenarios
- Responsible for developing and delivery of prospective client proposals
- Represent Ensono at field events such as conferences, seminars, etc.
- Communicate information effectively to diverse audiences, internal and external to the company, recognizing business and product terms and value
- Challenge the current thinking, assumptions, and status quo to drive results and innovation
What you will need:
- A minimum of 10 years of sales experience
- A minimum of 3-5 years of selling technology/managed service solutions
- Must be organized, analytical, creative and adaptive.
- A proven track record of both achieving and over-achieving goals in past sales positions
- Significant experience and discipline in managing, reporting and accurately forecasting sales pipelines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent teamwork capabilities.
- Experience in managing and closing complex sales opportunities
- Proven success in managing clients with multiple lines of business
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without direct line authority.
- Experience in working with managed services, hosting, mainframe, security and outsourcing is a must.
- Ability to serve in a consultative role as it relates opportunity development
- Broad relationship development and people networking experience.
- Ability to cultivate and strengthen strong client relationships with senior business and IT staff members.
- Ability to technically consult with C-level executives within client environment.
- Demonstrated experience at increasing deal close rates, utilizing a structured qualification process with identifying customer compelling events
- Candidates must be able to articulate technology and product positioning from a business perspective in addition to creating and maintaining relationships with the clients and vendors.
What will set you apart:
- Experience in IT infrastructure transformation engagements
- Mastery of legacy IT such as IBM mainframe and mid-range with linkage to modern platforms like public cloud
- Located in the Chicagoland area
- Existing relationships and contacts that will drive a robust pipeline
Travel to various client sites will be frequent; estimate 35% of weeks will involve travel. Travel will be mostly Central region of U.S.
Primary Location City/State:
Downers Grove, IL - Finley, Illinois
Additional Locations (if applicable):
Ensono is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Ensono provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, or genetic information.