Senior Sales Executive - Energy
What We Do
Uptake is the premier Industrial AI company, providing a predictive analytics SaaS platform that empowers major industry leaders to optimize performance, reduce asset failures and enhance safety. At Uptake, we combine our strengths—machine learning, analytics, data visualization and software development—with the expertise of our industrial customers and partners. The result is enormous savings in development time and resources for every user of Uptake’s industrial applications and enterprise AI and IoT platform. In the end, we help solve our customers hardest problems, help them re-image their businesses in an AI-first world, ultimately capitalizing on the promise of the digital transformation.
What You'll Do:
As a Senior Sales Executive - Energy, you will be leading all aspects of customer relationship management for several high-priority assigned accounts. You will drive new revenue and deliver world-class customer engagement by educating companies on the value of our data-driven products and solutions and advancing them through the deal cycle. This enterprise sales position requires as much expertise with client communication as it does with internal collaboration, learning, and iteration. Scaling our global sales function and go-to-market strategies across the industrial world requires entrepreneurial talent and the operational savvy to know what’s right for our customers and our company long-term.
- Develop, iterate, and execute on strategic and tactical account plans for prospects, and collaborate with our Pre-Sales team to align prospect objectives and pain points with the value Uptake software provides
- Develop a 5-quarter rolling opportunity pipeline that supports success in meeting sales goals
- Curate and manage a world-class prospect experience throughout the lifecycle of each sales pursuit
- Ensure Salesforce is regularly updated for operational readiness on accounts, and provide relevant information to Uptake leadership and technology teams
- Work closely with Pre-Sales, Legal, and other teams to scope opportunities that optimize both Uptake revenue and customer value
- Gain and maintain in-depth knowledge of Uptake products and technologies, accounts, competitors, and industry trends to ensure targeted positioning for all accounts
- Manage rolling four-quarter view of accounts to understand and forecast revenue and renewal opportunities
- Partner with Customer Success team to develop and execute plans for renewal, up-sell, and expansion with existing customers
The successful candidate will be an independent thinker comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a rapidly expanding technology organization.
- At least 8 years’ experience in software sales, with a track record of consistently beating quota.
- Strength in selling into the Energy Industrial segments of Power Generation, Transmission and Distribution, and Oil & Gas.
- Demonstrated experience crafting and selling multi-year complex enterprise solutions; applications and platforms. Specific experience selling IoT, AI and or Analytics is a plus
- Self-starter by nature; own and operate your book of business and successful track record scaling enterprise accounts.
- Strong time management, project management and presentation skills, and ability to think through all aspects of the sales process, manage long-term projects, and multitask
- Problem solver with strong analytical ability and excellent business judgment, and the ability to learn new concepts and domains quickly
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, including around complex concepts and technologies, and experience selling to executive-level stakeholders
- Comfort with ambiguity and able to adapt to the changing requirements of a growth company
- Strong understanding of big data and predictive analytics, predictive maintenance, and the Internet of Things as they apply to industrial verticals
- Travel to attend relevant trade shows, events, and customer meetings (50% anticipated).
Why Work Here
Uptake is a values-driven organization, and we are excited about what we do. We’re flexible, honest, hardworking, and collaborative. As a team, we bring our diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and experiences together to solve tough, important problems. We support and challenge one another to bring out the best in each of us, and we might have a little fun along the way. We’re also proud to be one of Chicago’s best places to work in 2018 according to Forbes and Great Place to Work Institute.
We offer generous benefits including health, dental, vision, parental leave, 401K match, and unlimited vacation. We are lifelong learners, and our Uptake University program offers training and professional development on a wide variety of topics. We also have employee-led community groups including [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], and many more. Learn more at https://www.uptake.com/careers.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Uptake welcomes and encourages applications from all individuals, without regard to any prohibited ground of discrimination, including from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.