Senior Manager, Partnerships
We’re Grubhub, the nation’s leading online and mobile food ordering company. Since 2004 we’ve been connecting hungry diners to the local restaurants they love. We’re moving eating forward with no signs of slowing down.
With more than 80,000 restaurants and over 14 million diners across 1,600 U.S. cities and London, we’re delivering like never before. Incredible tech is our bread and butter, but amazing people are our secret ingredient. Rigorously analytical and customer-obsessed, our employees develop the fresh ideas and brilliant programs that keep our brands going and growing.
Long story short, keeping our people happy, challenged and well-fed is priority one. Interested? Let’s talk. We’re eager to show you what we bring to the table.
GrubHub is looking for a Senior Manager of Partnerships to lead our co-marketing and activation efforts with enterprise restaurant clients and brand partnerships. Reporting into our Vice President of Customer Experience Marketing, this individual will be responsible for all stages of co-marketing with prospective and existing partners including: initial pitch/proposals, marketing program development to drive more Grubhub business and awareness, selling in concepts to senior level partners, negotiations and measurement of these efforts. In addition, the lead will be responsible for ensuring strong relationship building with key strategic partners and enabling value creation and driving growth for Grubhub’s business objectives through these partnerships. In addition, the Partnerships lead may be involved in M&A activity on behalf of the marketing organization. This individual will be required to work with stakeholders across Grubhub’s various departments, in particular Enterprise Sales & Account Management teams, Business Development, in-house creative team, marketing channel owners and legal.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Lead, inspire and develop a team of marketers across multiple offices to establish goals, execute with excellence and create accountability for results
- Build co-marketing plans to generate demand and awareness for Grubhub and our partners and share the impact with internal and external stakeholders.
- Be the cornerstone for collaboration across sales, operations, product and marketing as the champion for Grubhub and our partners to enable optimal business outcomes
- Support our Business Development and Account Management teams to expand partner relationships of varying size in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrate a strong bias for action by identifying problems/opportunities and working proactively to solve them, as well as manage complex timelines and dependencies
- Face challenge with optimism and strive for innovation and excellence in everything you do
- Be a hungry individual who comes to the table with intellectual curiosity and ideas
- Maintain a strong analytical background with a bias for developing data-driven solutions working with data tools such as Tableau and Google Analytics as needed
You Should Have
- A strategic thinker who has experience working with multiple business functions to develop and execute marketing programs
- A dual-minded approach: You’re highly creative and an excellent communicator but can also be process-driven, think scale, and rely on data to make decisions
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to listen and influence others
- Results-driven coach, mentor and role model who manages and develops best-in-class talent and drives results through teamwork and individual performance improvement
- Ability to move quickly from concepts to actions and bring others along
- Knowledge and experience executing marketing channels (Digital (SEM & social), DM, email)
- 8-10 years of experience in partnership management, business development or marketing
- Experience working with senior level external partners including marketing, operational and business development teams
- Able to evaluate a situation through partners’ view
Got These? Even Better:
- Masters Degree in Business
- Positive attitude and willing to go the extra mile
- Previous work experience at an agency, tech company or in marketing partnerships
- Event and vendor/production experience
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub/Seamless credit
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.