Senior Category Merchant Manager - Groupon Goods
We are seeking an experienced Senior Category Merchant Manager for our Groupon Goods Marketplace channel. Groupon Goods Marketplace is the online retail arm of Groupon. It features really good deals on great products. To get airspace on Groupon Goods, a product has to be cool enough to share and innovative enough to inspire. It also must be made of reliably bonded molecules and stardust.
The Senior Category Merchant Manager will take full category ownership and is responsible for the P&L management in order to drive the top and bottom line performance. We would expect the Senior Category Merchant Manager to have proven management skills, effective communication, and the ability to prioritize in order to directly manage a team of Associate Category Merchant Managers as well as internal cross-functional teams. The Senior Category Merchant Manager needs to be hands on and able to jump on a merchant calls while building and maintaining strategy in order to hit weekly, monthly and quarterly goals.
- Monitor sales reports and conduct financial analysis in order to identify business opportunities and identify and close gaps in order to meet and exceed key performance indicators
- Identify and create a business development plan to obtain targeted merchants and supply for key categories
- Ad Hoc analysis for revenue management at both top line and bottom line
- Identify key promotional trends with associate category merchant managers for Marketing opportunities
- Develop and Identify key strategic partnership in terms of Aggregators, Payment Providers, Shipping Solutions - manage day-to-day relationships, and negotiate and secure marketing funds from top sellers
- Coordinate cross-functional teams, and communicate with internal and external parties, while meeting tight deadlines for high visibility projects
- Work with product teams to create a better seller experience with better self-service and reporting tools and resources
- The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, or related field
- Experience as a Marketplace Merchant Manager at a major retailer with evidence of building a strong team and managing a P&L successfully
- Excellent analytical and data-mining aptitude, coupled with strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Demonstrated leadership and management experience
- Proven ability of taking ownership and driving results
- Ability to create innovative new programs that generate results
- Well versed in 3rd Party platform
- Thorough knowledge in e-commerce
- Ability to think strategically with attention to detail
- Strong merchandising, product, analytical, and organization skills
- Admirable communication skills in all areas: verbal, written, telepathic
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and to deal with ambiguous problems
Groupon provides a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime. We’re enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products, and live or lively events. At the same time, we are providing advertising options and tools that merchants can use to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward. Community matters to us on an internal, local and global scale—it’s fundamental to our company’s growth and to the well-being of the world at large. We also value self-awareness, candor, lunch and WiFi. If we match with you, please apply to join us.