The Senior Accountant is responsible for the setup and maintenance of processes and procedures that properly capture, track, and report revenue, including deferred revenue, in accordance with the company revenue recognition policy. The role will maintain schedules and create journal entries for expenses, assets, liabilities, and equity accounts. The role will review and maintain information in the financial systems, ensuring accuracy and compliance with US GAAP and other accounting regulations. The Senior Accountant will balance financial records and prepare financial statements. The role will be responsible for working with internal and external audit teams to provide accurate, timely data.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains G/L account balances in accordance with GAAP
- Compiles financial information and reconciles accounts
- Become knowledgeable about the Workday financial system and capabilities it can deliver
- Performs major account analysis
- Maintains accurate records to facilitate review with senior management, internal and external audit
- Prepares revenue recognition schedules and write-ups
- Completes all journal entries to properly recognize revenue, deferred revenue, and accrued revenue for long-term contracts
- Independent contributor with full ownership for successful delivery of job specific projects
- Owns moderate to high complexity assignments that require strong judgment and decision-making skills
- Regularly leads self and established as specialist
- Understands the “big picture” view and adjusts work accordingly
This position does not have direct reports but may mentor less experienced associates in the role.
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 5 years of accounting/financial experience
- Knowledge of GAAP accounting
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Good communication skills
- Self-starter with the ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities
Primary Location City/State:
Downers Grove, IL - Finley, Illinois
Additional Locations (if applicable):
Ensono is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Ensono provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, or genetic information.