Senior Account Executive, National Sales - Near Endemic
If you are a seller who loves the excitement of digital media and ad tech and working for an industry leader that is innovating rapidly, you’ve found your next role. The Senior Account Executive (SAE) position at Cars.com is a critical role that is responsible for representing and supporting Cars.com’s efforts to our Near Endemic (Automotive) advertising clients, their agencies and trading desks. Our SAE’s are expected to grow a multi-million dollar advertising business that includes programmatic, data, direct display, native, social, branded content and other unique services.
As the sales lead on your portfolio of near endemic advertising partners seeking to reach Cars.com’s valuable audiences (e.g. in-market car shoppers, in-market car service shoppers, car enthusiasts, males 18 - 34 and others) you will lead the business growth strategy, execution and own the relationship as the main point of contact for top advertiser brands and senior leadership at their media agencies, trading desks and other partners. You’ll have to cover a lot of ground and across various diverse industries, such as Insurance, Finance, Credit, parts and services and Ride Share advertisers.
Your clients will see you as their trusted consultant who understands their business challenges, provides invaluable insights drawn from Cars.com’s 20 years of invaluable audience data, and tailors creative marketing and advertising solutions to help them exceed their business and marketing objectives. Through your thoughtful guidance, creativity, resourcefulness and direction, you will foster existing relationships and build new ones with senior level clients, their agency and trading desk partners.
- Grow revenue from a multi-million dollar book of business consisting of top brands interested in reaching Cars.com’s audience of in-market car shoppers, car enthusiasts, males, etc. Typical industries include Insurance, Finance, Credit, Ride Share, Parts & Accessories and more
- Develop and nurture client relationships as well as senior level agency and trading desk relationships. Network horizontally and vertically within clients, agencies and trading desks to identify new growth opportunities
- Responsibilities include the selling and servicing of display advertising, data sales, programmatic advertising, social initiatives, custom branded content, leads and enterprise services
- Leverage Cars.com’s data to identify and articulate valuable insights for clients
- Creatively develop campaigns and partnerships that match insights and marketing solutions to clients’ unique business needs
- Attend industry events with the goal of developing new relationships, stay on top of industry changes/challenges (automotive & digital), and ensure Cars.com remains top of mind.
- Work with internal support teams to deliver world class sales and customer service to our clients
- Effectively manage contacts, activities and revenue tracking in Salesforce.com to achieve maximum effectiveness
Desired Skills and Attributes
- Experience selling directly to clients as well as to their ad agencies – especially custom programs requiring creativity and marketing knowledge
- Experience selling ad tech, programmatic, social, data, audience buying, and working with trading desks and DSPs
- Solid understanding of digital advertising and familiarity with display, native, social and branded content advertising
- Proven track record of sales success - achieving and surpassing goals, and managing to a revenue goal
- Solid understanding of business marketing and advertising goals and strategies and how these affect product and revenue optimization
- Fast-paced, energetic, positive and intellectually curious sales leader that builds relationships to create and dictate client digital marketing strategies. Should also be confident challenging the norms, innovating and building new business
- Understanding of not only digital campaign tracking and campaign performance but also the various forms (and benefits and limitations) of attribution
- Motivated, curious and creative team player who consistently strives to exceed goals and push revenue expectations
- Familiar with the Auto industry and competitive environment including knowledge of competitive product offerings and pricing strategies (e.g. CPM, CPA, CPQ, managed service, flat fee, etc.)
- Comfort with CRM sales tools such as Salesforce.com to track all pertinent account information and sales progress as well as forecast and prioritize to achieve quarterly goals
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability and willingness to travel as much as needed
- Experience working with clients and agencies that represent the top brands within Insurance, Auto Finance, Credit, Ride Share and Auto Parts & Accessories is a plus.
A Bachelor’s degree in advertising, communications, marketing, or a related discipline is preferred, though candidates with relevant experience who hold other degrees will be considered.
MBA a plus.
10+ years in digital sales, ad tech sales, senior level agency media planning or large ad agency trading desk. DSP or SSP experience a plus.
Location: Chicago, IL, New York, NY, Los Angeles, CA
Benefits and Company Perks
- Competitive salary + performance-based bonuses
- Medical, Dental & Vision Plans
- Ongoing professional development
- Amazing company culture, super cool new Chicago office