Sales Training & Enablement Program Director
We are looking for a talented Sales Training and Enablement Program Director to focus on shaping the next generation of services to drive sales enablement for Morningstar, Inc. This person will be the true owner of Morningstar’s sales enablement; creating a vision and providing hands-on development all the way through to execution. This role is critical to insuring that Morningstar maintains a competitive edge by building training and readiness that supports our global sellers.
As an innovator in the financial services industry, Morningstar has a 30+ year history developing best in class products that help investors reach their financials goals. We define investors as individuals as well as the financial advisors and institutions that serve investors. We are committed to helping this entire investment community by providing the data, research, software and services that best meet their needs.
Morningstar has an extensive roadmap of new software solutions coming to market and we need a Sales Training and Enablement Program Director who can help our sales and service teams prepare for these product launches. The success of these launches will be measured through closed sales and our clients’ successful onboarding and implementation of these solutions. To achieve these goals our sales and services associates need training on these products; this includes educating on our value proposition, the target client personas, the use cases and the appropriate questions to ask that will uncover opportunities to position these solutions. r
Qualified candidates must have a task-oriented and delivery mindset, be responsible for assisting in planning, strategy, design, development and management of role-focused curricula for key sales initiatives. This includes managing stakeholder expectations and communications.
This position will require significant multi-tasking and willingness to take on various sales training and support responsibilities. This role will require moderate travel to execute the program, observe best practices and iterate for continuous improvement in the program.
• Development and maintenance of key training programs for Morningstar’s salesforce that sells into the institutional and advisory space.
• Consult with Chief Revenue Office, Head of Global Sales Enablement, and Senior Sales Managers to identify/prioritize the top sales enablement requirements.
• Collaborate with Product Marketing, Product Management, Client Solutions and other groups to develop and deliver appropriate enablement content.
• Define and publish learning paths and execution guidance for multiple client types and multiple buyer types within our client organizations.
• Design and implement training content, tools, and assessments for knowledge transfer and on-going development.
• Deliver new training curricula and oversee the rollout of the content through others.
• Work with sales tools including SFDC and Tableau to direct teams to create meaningful dashboards and reports on the progress of initiatives, with a focus on ROI.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree required.
• 10+ years of work experience.
• 5+ years of experience in creating, leading and improving product training programs that focus on field sales, channel sales and inside sales enablement.
• Previous direct sales experience is preferred. In-depth and proven knowledge and skills building long term selling relationships.
• Strong passion and commitment for adult learning
• Strong and proven sales coaching skills and abilities; professional certification a plus.
• Demonstrated experience in managing or participating in the end-to-end instructional design, process-based methodology (analysis, design, development and delivery) to create curriculum delivered in multiple modes (WBT, ILT, Blended).
• Proven ability to give or facilitate live instructor-led sales training (on product, process, or skills related training topics).
• Personality, confidence, and polish to engage upstream with sales executives, downstream with the field, and across business units with Marketing, Product Management and other groups within the company.
• Ability to influence and gain acceptance from others on initiatives.
• Ability to think strategically yet is grounded in the tactical execution of his or her vision. Someone who blends technical aptitude with business savvy and has demonstrated success managing complex projects from start to finish.
• Excellent project management and organizational skills.
• Understanding of enterprise sales processes and sales practices within the financial and technology industries.
• Fast thinking, able to autonomously build organization-wide sales training program with minimal direction.
• Intermediate skills in the use of MS PowerPoint, Rapid Development Software (Captivate, Articulate Storyline etc.).
• Solid aptitude for learning new systems and tools.
• Experience with multi-channel distribution – VAD, VAR, SI/SP in mature and emerging markets.
• Dynamic and proven presentation and written communication skills are a must.
• Experience that demonstrates the ability to develop a strong level of expertise required to sell Morningstar product and services.
• Experience in sales methodologies and a quota-carrying sales background is highly desired.
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.
001_MstarInc Morningstar Inc. Legal Entity