Upwork is the world's largest freelancing website. Each year $1.5 billion of work happens through Upwork, allowing businesses to get more done and helping professionals break free of traditional time and place boundaries and work anytime, anywhere on projects they love. At Upwork, you'll help build on this momentum. Together, we'll create economic and social value on a global scale, providing a trusted online workplace for businesses to connect with extraordinary talent and work without limits.
The Sales Trainer will play a key role within the Enterprise Sales & Success Teams. The core responsibility of this role will be to facilitate New Hire Training as well as deliver Training and expertise to the Sales Organization. You will have the opportunity to help build new Content and ensure all of the Training materials are accurate and ready to be delivered. It is your mission to ensure our Sales & Success Team members are setup to be successful and achieve quota goals beginning in their career at Upwork.
It will be your mission to help increase sales productivity, efficiency, and build a culture of Learning & Development utilizing creativity and innovative Training methods. This role should take ownership over mastering the key Sales Tools, Methodology, and Technologies that enable our Teams to produce every single day, and partner with Sales Ops as required. We expect that you will thrive in a fast-paced environment, possess a strong degree of professional presence and rigor as relates to Training & Development.
- Facilitate New Hire Orientation program and make enhancements, iterations as required
- Continuously improve the On-boarding and New Hire Experience in partnership with Sales Training Team
- Conduct Needs Assessment and partner with Sales Training Team to ensure goal alignment
- Create Sales Training documents and Playbook as required for specific programs
- Partner closely with Sales Operations to ensure mastery of Sales Tools and execute on Training Needs
- Partner with Sales Training Coordinator on a regular basis to ensure logistics and execution of Training
How to Catch Our Eye:
- 2-4 Years of Experience working within Training & Development in a professional capacity
- You have the drive, the organizational and interpersonal skills to take our Sales Training initiatives to the next level
- You are an excellent communicator. You are strategic with a creative mindset.
- Thrive in a fast paced Sales Culture and comfortable managing competing priorities and Deadlines.
How to knock our socks off:
- You have experience with building and successfully scaling sales processes and sales teams.
- You have coached and mentored sales people in a previous role and excelled at this type of work.
- Demonstrates effective presentation skills when facilitating live or remote Training.
- Able to build strong relationships with Internal Sales Leadership, Cross Functional Partners at all levels.
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork you’ll help shape the future of work. From our offices in San Francisco, Mountain View and Chicago, together we’re creating exciting new opportunities for a world of professionals. You’ll be part of a vibrant culture built on shared values: Inspire a boundless future of work, Put our community first, Have a bias towards action, and Build amazing teams. Along the way you’ll have fun and enjoy the perks of a people-first company: Work from Home Wednesday's, daily breakfast and lunch, regular in-office happy hours, top-notch benefits … and more. Check out Upwork’s spotlight on The Muse for a glimpse of our daily work/life balance.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.