Upwork ($UPWK) is the world's largest freelancing website. Each year $1.7 billion of work happens through Upwork, allowing businesses to get more done and helping professionals break free of traditional time and place boundaries and work anytime, anywhere on projects they love. At Upwork, you'll help build on this momentum. Together, we'll create economic and social value on a global scale, providing a trusted online workplace for businesses to connect with extraordinary talent and work without limits.
The Sales Operations Manager will be responsible for partnering with sales leadership to exceed objectives through the optimization of people, processes, and technology. You will have ownership of process and sales effectiveness. In addition, you will act as a strategic partner by providing ongoing daily support to the organization, and building strong relationships cross-functionally to grow the sales team.
- Align sales and marketing on common targets for the new deal pipeline.
- Provide insights and analysis to help sales prioritize leads and accounts, and drive process improvement throughout the funnel for our new business and growth teams.
- Partner with leadership to continuously improve the sales process and drive sales productivity by adding valued features into our CRM and finding ways for sales to do their daily job in a more efficient manner.
- Maintain responsibility for the end-to-end customer journey to define the strategy, requirements, process, and adoption for systems and tools. You will also be working closely with Marketing, Sales, Success and Talent Services.
- Automate the quote to order process with Salesforce CPQ to ensure compliant deals are sold. Enable sales to scale, close and expand more/larger deals more efficiently.
- Partnering with our sales enablement team to lead change management for new processes.
- You will also own quarterly operational reviews with sales and partner with finance on the forecasting process.
What it takes to catch our eye:
- 7-10 years of relevant sales operations and/or sales management experience
- Validated experience using Salesforce.com with admin privileges
- Understanding of Enterprise Sales business models and Marketplace experience or usage based business models a plus
- Exceptional analytical, quantitative skills and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
How to really knock our socks off:
- You have experience working in fast-growing, performance focused environments
- You are a creative problem-solver who grows with challenges, and is accustomed to a fast pace and multiple projects, fulfilling priorities and meeting deadlines
- SQL knowledge a plus
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork you’ll help shape the future of work. From our offices in San Francisco, Mountain View and Chicago, together we’re creating exciting new opportunities for a world of professionals. You’ll be part of a vibrant culture built on shared values: Inspire a boundless future of work, Put our community first, Have a bias towards action, and Build amazing teams. Along the way you’ll have fun and enjoy the perks of a people-first company: Work from Home Wednesday's, daily breakfast and lunch, regular in-office happy hours, top-notch benefits … and more. Check out Upwork’s spotlight on The Muse for a glimpse of our daily work/life balance.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.