Position Title: Sales Leader
Reports to: CEO
Supervises: Senior Sales Associate, Sales Associates, Sales Interns
Collaborates with: Customers, potential customers, current users, Technology department, Customer Success & Sales department, New Product Development department and various NowPow administrative staff, and select third party vendors.
NowPow’s Sales Leader is an individual intent on creating a culture of sales success and ongoing business and goal achievement. The Sales Leader is responsible for NowPow new customer sales. The Customer Success team manages existing customer upsell and renewals. The Sales Leader enjoys building business potential by developing high performing sales teams and driving rigorous process execution. This high energy Leader also is an effective collaborator and communicator and is comfortable with a fast moving, dynamic environment.
The position is located in Chicago’s Hyde Park and reports to the NowPow CEO. The Leader would manage a team of 4-6 associates in the coming year.
Sales Planning and Infrastructure
- Provide detailed and accurate sales (bookings and pipeline) forecast
- Define sales processes that drive desired sales outcomes and identify improvements where and when required
- Develop pricing in partnership with other functions and iterate as needed
- Put in place infrastructure and systems to support the success of the sales function
- Develop and execute an outreach strategy to support sales forecast
- Travel for in-person meetings with prospects and to develop key relationships
- Prepare RFPs as necessary
- Participate in conferences
- Leverage NowPow’s CRM to manage and monitor sales generation to forecast
- Achieve sales forecast
- Seamlessly manage transition of a “won” opportunity to contracting and implementation
Team Building and Management
- Define optimal sales team structure to support sales forecast
- Know and attract great talent-hire and develop sales team
- Define and oversee sales team compensation and incentive programs that motivate the sales team to achieve their sales target
- Define and coordinate sales training programs that enable team members to achieve their potential and support sales objectives
Business and Product Strategy
- Compile information and data related prospect interactions
- Monitor customer, market and competitor activity and provide feedback to company leadership team and other company functions
- Work closely with the product and marketing function to establish successful support materials and programs
Sales Pipeline Value
- NowPow tracks all sales outreach through its CRM system. Once an outreach moves to Sales Demo scheduled, it enters the Opportunity Pipeline. The Opportunity Pipeline has stages of assigned probability that calculate the overall value of the Sales Pipeline. In general, the value of the Sales Pipeline should be maintained at 10x the Bookings Forecast based on average time to contract.
- Bookings are the Year One value of a signed contract.
- Monthly Bookings are forecasted at a percentage of the Sales Pipeline. This is the primary metric of Sales success and the variable compensation driver for the Leader.
- Revenue is estimated using ½ of Monthly Bookings on a 3-month lag.
- It will be up to the Sales Leader to determine other metrics to track and monitor