Sales Development Representative
We deliver the most advanced and flexible learning experience for certification, credentialing, test prep, continuing education, and training. Our cloud-based learning platform is designed to help education and training organizations deliver a highly engaging and effective learning experience for users who are trying to advance their careers. With almost 1M active users last year, we incorporate the latest in learner-centered technology, including personalization, gamification, data science, usability and omni-channel delivery.
We’re sitting in a pivotal time in the BenchPrep history. After just closing a $20 million series C round of funding, we’re fueled for growth. We’re ready to enhance our product offering, extend our position in the education and training industry, and scale our (humble) team.
We’re committed to helping students learn better, and that starts in our own office.
About the role:
We are looking for a talented Sales Development Representative to join our growing team! As a Sales Development Representative at BenchPrep, you will support our Enterprise Sales team in prospecting, appointment setting, and helping to create demand for the BenchPrep platform. You have a great attitude, are ready to take on researching and prospecting potential customers, and you are successful in initial outreach to get meetings and demos scheduled. You can partner with others to create and deliver sales presentations, and most importantly, you are engaged and eager to learn. Joining our collaborative sales team will give you the opportunity to gain experience in the learning industry from the ground up.
Some challenges you’ll tackle:
- Uncover and identify potential leads through research, cold calls, and pre qualified lead lists.
- Understand business drivers, and be able to position BenchPrep as a solution to current business issues, building a base for our value proposition
- Schedule meetings for Enterprise Solution Managers, and partner with team members to create and execute customized demos and presentations
- Build and maintain business relationships with prospects
- Use our CRM system to accurately maintain prospect and customer data, manage activities and current lead funnel
- Create and sustain a solution based sales atmosphere with prospects
About the team: Here at BenchPrep, the sales team drives the growth of our business. We are strong, dynamic, and wear many hats. True to startup culture, we aren’t afraid to roll up our sleeves to get the job done. We are inspired by a shared mission to help millions learn better and faster through our unique platform.
You should have:
- 1-3 years of prospecting and cold lead generation preferred, or relevant experience
- Completion of sales bootcamp or training preferred
- Excellent prospecting skills
- Proven ability to generate qualified leads through cold calling and cold emails
- Ability to work independently and on a team
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Have excellent communication skills
- Are able to work well in a dynamic, fast paced, ever changing environment
- Can effectively conduct presentations over the phone and through the web
- Strong work ethic and adaptable to changes
- Think like an owner, and demonstrate drive, initiative, energy, and a sense of urgency.
Life at BenchPrep:
We work at BenchPrep because we’re dedicated to the mission and each day have an opportunity to be challenged and learn. We work hard, eat well, and have lots of fun. Culture is our lifeline at BenchPrep. We tend to eat our (free) lunch together - not because we have to, but because we want to. We celebrate our people, both professionally and personally. We focus on flexibility - both in work/life balance, but also everyday in operating with agility. We care about professional development so much that we offer employees $1,200 annually to build their skills. And of course, we have all the La Croix and snacks that you’d expect to keep you moving. It’s no wonder we were selected in Built in Chicago’s 50 Best Small Companies to Work For in 2019, and Crain’s 2019 Best Places to Work in Chicago lists.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are looking for high performing and motivated professionals who are excited about the chance to leverage technology to impact the lives of millions of learners.