Sales Development Representative
What We Do
Uptake is the premier Industrial AI company, providing a predictive analytics SaaS platform that empowers major industry leaders to optimize performance, reduce asset failures and enhance safety. At Uptake, we combine our strengths—machine learning, analytics, data visualization and software development—with the expertise of our industrial customers and partners. The result is enormous savings in development time and resources for every user of Uptake’s industrial applications and enterprise AI and IoT platform. In the end, we help solve our customers hardest problems, help them re-image their businesses in an AI-first world, ultimately capitalizing on the promise of the digital transformation.
What You'll Do:
We are looking to build out our Sales Development Representative (SDR) organization to help grow demand for our products and platform. You will work on qualifying inbound leads as well as cold-calling to new prospective customers, generating qualified leads for our Account Executives and serving as the bridge between the Marketing and Sales teams at Uptake. You will gain experience interacting with prospective clients of all levels, in a variety of industries and across a broad geographical area. You will be working in a challenging, energetic and rewarding work environment with opportunities for professional growth and promotion.
- Follow up, educate, qualify and develop inbound leads to create sales-ready meetings and opportunities based upon qualification criteria
- Outbound cold-calling into target accounts across different personas
- Research accounts, identify key players and generate the interest of potential customers
- Understand customer needs & effectively communicate how Uptake will exceed them
- Work closely with the Marketing team to drive continuous improvement in lead quality, conversion rates and pipeline generated through messaging improvements, process improvements, and more.
- Provide accurate lead distribution and thorough discovery to the appropriate Account Executives
- Become a trusted and credible source of leads for Uptake Account Executives
- Provide ongoing feedback to the sales and marketing teams for continuous process optimization
- Use and maintain Salesforce according to Uptake standards and provide metrics on leads and subsequent opportunities
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years of full-time sales development/customer service experience (SaaS is a plus)
- Proven, consistent success in exceeding assigned recurring goals
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Confident, dynamic and enthusiastic team player who thrives in a fast-paced, high growth startup environment
- Proficiency in Salesforce.com and other sales prospecting tools such as LinkedIn Sales Navigator
- Self-directed, a quick study and an enthusiastic team player with a desire to pursue a career in sales
Why Work Here
Uptake is a values-driven organization, and we are excited about what we do. We’re flexible, honest, hardworking, and collaborative. As a team, we bring our diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and experiences together to solve tough, important problems. We support and challenge one another to bring out the best in each of us, and we might have a little fun along the way. We’re also proud to be one of Chicago’s best places to work in 2018 according to Forbes and Great Place to Work Institute.
We offer generous benefits including health, dental, vision, parental leave, 401K match, and unlimited vacation. We are lifelong learners, and our Uptake University program offers training and professional development on a wide variety of topics. We also have employee-led community groups including [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], and many more. Learn more at https://www.uptake.com/careers.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Uptake welcomes and encourages applications from all individuals, without regard to any prohibited ground of discrimination, including from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.