Sales Development Representative
At Bento, we believe that there’s a better, easier and more inclusive way for businesses to access the financial services they need. Be part of our growing B2B financial services firm and our fun and human-centered culture. Thousands of businesses use Bento to make it easier to control employee spending and manage budgets, saving them serious time and money and helping rid the world of expense reports.
We are seeking a self-motivated and organized team member with a passion for sales to help grow our pipeline and acquire new Bento customers, by prospecting, qualifying and generating new sales leads primarily over the phone. The right candidate has crazy good communication skills, thick skin and a knack for identifying and qualifying sales opportunities. If you have experience selling to businesses (B2B) while working towards a sales quota and a full-cycle close, this is a rare opportunity for an outstanding individual to have an impact on the next big thing in payments and financial services.
WHO SHOULD APPLY
This opportunity is a good fit if you are competitive, motivated and resilient. Because the core of Bento is a software and payment card solution, you need to be a tech savvy seller--someone who can quickly pick up new technology and understands our platform front and back. As our Sales Development Representative (SDR) you'll need strong listening skills, problem-solving skills and an overall positive attitude, combined with humility and a sense of responsibility for finding new long-term customers. Our outbound team is new, so you'll be helping us grow while helping shape the way we sell Bento. You'll be talking with business owners and finance/accounting professionals who want to clearly understand Bento's business case versus their existing expense process, and guiding soon-to-be-customers to our account executive team.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Prospect into multiple organizations via cold leads generated from databases, email, social media, advertising and events
- Qualify potential leads (based on sales cycle, industry, role, company size, etc.)
- Book appointments for our Account Executives with sales qualified leads (SQLs)
- Achieve or exceed goal for pipeline growth on a monthly basis
- Articulate Bento's value proposition to decision-makers across multiple industries
- Build and cultivate prospect relationships by initiating communications and conducting follow-up communications in order to move opportunities through the lead and prospect qualification process
- Know, understand and document the various stakeholders, influencers, and gatekeepers within the organization for the Account Executive
- Actively manage and report data for new and prospective leads and accounts in CRM and other internal tools ensuring all communications are logged and information is accurate
- Proactively build knowledge of Bento's capabilities and understand competitive landscape
- Experiment with sales style, content and process, using phone as primary tool
- Work closely with all of the marketing and sales professionals at Bento towards mutual success
- 1+ years experience of past quota-carrying sales experience
- Experience selling SaaS solution to small and medium sized businesses
- Experience in an entrepreneurial environment
- College degree
- Bonus: Professional sales training
- Big plus: Experience in business banking services, payments, processing (prepaid, debit, credit)
REQUIRED SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Ambitious, motivated, and sales-minded
- Authentically comfortable presenting yourself and our solution over the phone
- You're not afraid to engage with prospects—a "no" is nothing personal and part of the job
- Strong people skills—ability to quickly understand your audience and tailor the right message
- A tenacious and solid researcher who is curious about everyone and every business
- Strong work ethic and problem solving skills
- Coachable with a willingness to learn
We have a responsibility-based culture with flexible working hours, comprehensive medical & dental benefits, commuter & FSA benefits, equity participation, unlimited vacation and most of all, the opportunity to make a huge impact in a venture with huge potential. Our office in the Loop is conveniently located near public transportation. Come join us!
Bento for Business is an Equal Opportunity Employer.