Sales Development Representative, Small Group
Connected Benefits is a division of GoHealth that offers a seamless marketplace solution for individual and group health insurance. The marketplace enables brokers to help employers establish employee benefit levels, access available tax subsidies, determine their employer contributions, offer voluntary products such as disability, and implement their chosen benefits quickly and accurately. Our team digitally markets, sells, and services employers and their workforce by providing a full array of insurance products and benefit support services to full-time employees, part-time employees and independent contractors, coast-to-coast. As Small Group Sales Development Representative you will identify and follow up on internally generated leads as the customers’ initial point of contact to begin the sales cycle of small group benefit plans that matches their needs with the optimal product and service(s). The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, energetic, quick-learning, and confident individual, who’s hungry to sell.
- Handle outbound and inbound sales inquiries through internally generated leads to effectively qualify potential Small Group customers (2-50 employees) via phone
- Work with prospective clients to gather the information necessary to produce quotes and/or set up a sales call
- Quickly grasp new concepts and product offerings, including Major Medical and other ancillary health and life insurance products
- Remain fully knowledgeable on compliance issues governed by legislation and regulations impacting employer sponsored health and welfare plans such as HIPAA, ERISA, Tax Code SEC 125, PPACA and state sponsored health insurance exchanges
- Maintains a full understanding of the insurance markets, networks and benefit plan options relative to the small group market
- Determine the full scope of services to be provided to client and effectively utilizes all resources within department to exceed client expectations.
- Be the "Face of Connected Benefits" at the consumer level, and serve as a brand ambassador for the organization.
Skills and Experiences:
- Bachelor’s Degree, Associates Degree or related Insurance sales experience
- Professional and motivated self-starter who is Highly driven and competitive in nature
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with client contacts including members of HR and the C-suite
- Must hold valid insurance license with lines of authority in Health and Life or be willing to obtain through GoHealth/ConnectedBenefits within 90 days of starting job.
- Previous health or life insurance experience preferred with a strong preference to individuals who have successfully sold into the Small Group space (10-50 employees)
- Experience selling disability insurance and other associated ancillary products and services considered a strong plus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with ability to demonstrate outstanding consultative selling skills and customer service to prospective customers.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, exciting, and performance-driven environment
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply!
Benefits and Perks:
- Open vacation policy
- 401k match program
- Medical, life, dental, and vision benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Subsidized gym memberships
- Commuter and transit benefits
- Professional growth opportunities
- Casual dress code
- Generous employee referral bonuses
- Happy hours, ping-pong tournaments, and more company-sponsored events
- GoHealth/Connected Benefits is an Equal Opportunity Employer