Regional Sales Manager, Grocery (Canada)
RXBAR: We manufacture, market and distribute whole food protein bars. While the protein bar market is crowded, RXBARs are the cleanest protein bar available and our branding stands out. A unique, “No B.S” value proposition has propelled RXBAR to a top brand in the bar category.
Regional Sales Manager: RXBAR Regional Sales Managers are responsible for leading customer strategy, building relationships, and ensuring flawless execution within regional customers, while facilitating internal cross-functional collaboration to grow our business with the retailers.
This role is responsible for selling and marketing all retail categories of products under the RXBAR brand.
Our ideal candidate is a self-starter, a strong collaborator, has great organization and communication skills, can work independently, and is hungry to grow a new brand in a new territory.
General Functions + Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute sales plans with VP of Sales and Director of Sales – Grocery Central for all grocery retailers in Canada
- Provide thoughtful insight into pricing structure and manage every-day and promotional pricing within Canada grocery retailers
- Build strong relationships with HQ buyers and their extended buying team
- Prepare and meet with buyers during business reviews
- Ensure execution of new product launches, promotions, secondary placements, and in-stock levels
- Identify and pioneer programs within retailers to drive trial and awareness.
- Lead, train and build strong relationships with assigned brokers
Planning and Strategy
- Work with broker partner and RXBAR’s Insights & Sales Operations teams to understand and manage:
- In-stock Levels
- Display Compliance
- Leverage insights from Insights & Sales Operations to elevate RXBAR’s presence throughout the stores
- Work with Channel Marketing Manager to maximize shopper marketing programs within retailers.
- Build a deep understanding of Canada retail business and landscape. Talk to other brands, brokers and buyers, read articles related to the business
- Collaborate with Insights & Sales Strategy teams to identify trends and opportunities for brand development within Canada grocery retailers.
- Work with Sales and Finance teams to build an annual sales plan and review weekly updates and progress with Director of Sales – Grocery Central.
- Communicate with Sales team on objectives, new initiatives, and promotional activity within all Canada grocery retailers
- Understand the competitive dynamics within Canada grocery retailers —discover where can we learn from leaders and find opportunities to take more share
- Actively participate in industry trade shows and customer shows
- Maintain excellent customer and RXBAR team member interdepartmental relationships
Skills & Qualifications:
- Reside in Chicago – must live near a major airport
- 5+ years’ experience in retail sales and merchandising in the grocery industry, specifically with Canada grocery retailers.
- Currently working as a National Account Manager, Key Account Manager, Regional Sales Manager or equivalent position within the retail food class of trade
- Proven and successful sales management track record
- Leadership skills and competencies for advancement within the company
- Established relationships with distributor and retailer customer base
- Experience in sales and expense budgeting and management to budget
- Broker management experience
- Knowledge of the natural/organic industry
- Excellent communication skills with external customers, peers, supervisors, and internal supporting departments
- Ability to travel for trade shows, sales calls, and meetings - approximately 30%
- Proven integrity in life/employment and honesty in dealings with others
- Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office programs
- Occasional and event related weekend work is required
Total Rewards Package: Competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, 401K plan with RXBAR match, cell phone & fitness membership reimbursement, subsidized commuter benefits, bike & helmet, unlimited RXBARs, RXBAR gear and invaluable experience growing a company.