Regional Sales Director
Regional Sales Director – Public/Academic/Research Library Market
The Group: Morningstar’s Business Development & Sales group is responsible for helping our advisor and institutional clients around the world find solutions to help them provide better outcomes for investors.
The Role: As a Sales Director on the Morningstar’s Library Services team, you will be responsible for generating revenue for Morningstar by effectively managing a sales territory comprised of Public, Academic, and Research libraries, and library systems.
A day in the life of a Regional Sales Director includes staying up-to-date on the latest industry trends and news through periodicals, association communications, and research; researching and identifying top new business prospects –individual libraries, library systems, and consortia; working both cold and warm sales leads via phone and email; managing your renewal pipeline via phone and email; checking in with existing clients; closing out new and renewal business in SFDC; and maintaining updated records in SFDC. You’ll be expected to develop and maintain client relationships and partner with prospective and existing clients to understand needs and sell our solution as well as work closely with our account management team to set up trials and facilitate trainings.
The ideal candidate will develop a thorough understanding of the library research marketplace and competitive landscape as well as Morningstar Investment Research Center product capabilities. This position requires some client-facing and conference travel within an assigned territory and is based in our Chicago office.
• Maintain and aggressively grow a book of business within an assigned territory.
• Employ outbound calls skills to reach new prospects and existing clients and build relationships.
• Effectively build and manage lead pipeline
• Proactively uncover sales opportunities with new and existing clients.
• Conduct online demonstrations of Morningstar Investment Research Center tool
• Build a network of library professionals in your territory through industry conferences and trade associations.
• Act as a liaison between the client and our product group to help inform new product development.
• Manage client and prospect accounts and opportunities in SFDC.
• A bachelor’s degree.
• A minimum of 4 years of sales experience, with a proven record of success.
• A creative approach to problem-solving.
• Direct exposure to the library marketplace is desirable, as is a comfort level with technology and software.
• Excellent listening, communication, negotiation, and relationship-building skills
• 15% travel for conferences and key client meetings