Practice Manager, Professional Services
At Showpad, personalities and cultures connect across oceans to create something extraordinary. As a top 10 software company in the Inc. 5,000 Europe list, Showpad is changing the game when it comes to sales enablement. Our employees create the engagement and impact that drives our success as we expand globally.
In the morning, we’re drinking San Francisco cold brew coffee with a side of Portland doughnuts – English scones for afternoon tea, and in the evening we’re toasting success with Belgian tripel Westmalle to a Chicago house tune.
About the Position:
Showpad is looking for an experienced Practice Manager with combined expertise of technical pre-sales, project management and delivery to help define and develop our customers’ Sales Enablement strategies. The Practice Manager is an integral part of the sales cycle, collaborating with account teams to position Showpad’s services and scope projects within the account.
The Practice Manager is also accountable for the overall technical delivery for accounts – including gathering requirements, defining solutions and ensuring successful client projects.
- Focus primarily on client delivery (60-70%) and driving sales of new business (30-40%)
- Divide time between 4-6 concurrent engagements led by project manager(s), and have overall responsibility for quality, timeliness, profitability and client satisfaction
- Provide thought leadership to guide client’s sales enablement strategy
- Follow established policies for securing required resources to effectively deliver projects
- Serve as escalation point for all project related client issues
- Develop and expand relationships throughout target organizations or within assigned strategic account(s)
- Participate the development of account plans and manage them to targeted goals
- Identify, qualify, and participate the pursuit and closing of new business as part of the account team
- In combination with others, cultivate a broad industry network through client engagements, publishing and speaking opportunities
- Participate in all required operational management processes, including weekly sales, staffing and operations calls
- Participate actively in leadership roles required to deliver internal initiatives
- Work closely with account teams to educate customers on Showpad's services and solutions - includes conference calls, site visits, presentations, technical evaluations, proposals, and follow up on all customer related issues.
- Create and expand the customer relationship through exploration of the customer’s business need and drivers for success.
Skills/Requirements we are looking for:
- Track record of success scoping, selling and delivering fixed-price and time-and-materials sales transformation projects for Fortune 500 clients
- Proven ability to develop and maintain relationships at senior C-levels within marketing, IT and business
- Relevant experience in the sales operations / enablement space is desirable,
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent. Degree in Marketing, Business or Information Technology is preferred
- 10+ years of experience leading both people and projects in a professional services / consulting environment, including business development, project management and delivery
- Experience leading cross-functional teams of 8+ people
- Solid understanding of scoping, selling and managing multi-disciplinary engagements
- Understanding of project financials relevant to professional services
- Strong project management and organization skills
- Strong analytical, communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively across internal and external teams
- Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with clients
- Proven ability to develop and negotiate master service agreements, statements of work, and change orders
- Proven track record of leadership, coaching and mentoring
- Real-world experience in many of the following areas is desirable:
- Business Process Re-engineering
- Business Analyst
- Solid Documentation Practice
- Candidates with deep expertise in High Tech, Financial Services, or Business Services are encouraged to apply.
What you can expect from Showpad
Focus on Impact and Growth
We are building the future in sales and marketing where every sales person is successful. As an international scale-up, we aim for yearly double digit growth that opens many opportunities. We want people who thrive in a fast-paced, performance-driven company, who are not afraid to stretch themselves in a fun environment, and focus on impact and growth.