National Sales Account Executive
If you are a seller who loves the excitement of digital media and ad tech and working for an industry leader that is innovating rapidly, you’ve found your next role. The Account Executive position at Cars.com is a critical role that is responsible for representing and supporting Cars.com’s efforts to our national and regional automotive agency, trading desk and advertising client partners. Our account executives are expected to run the day-to-day aspects of a multi-million dollar advertising business that includes programmatic, data, direct display, social, branded content and other unique services.
- Develop and nurture day to day trading desk and agency relationships, creative and performance analytics
- Grow and retain revenue from existing and new advertisers
- Deliver highest quality sales and customer service to our clients
- Develop and deliver new proactive proposals to clients, leveraging our unique insights and capabilities
- Effectively manage contact and revenue tracking in Salesforce.com
- Utilize data and insights to clearly articulate the value of the Cars.com portfolio to our clients
Desired Skills and Attributes
- Experience with ad tech, programmatic, data, audience buying, and working with trading desks and DSPs, preferably in a sales capacity
- Solid understanding of marketing and advertising goals and strategies and how these affect product and revenue optimizations
- Proven track record of sales success- achieving and surpassing goals, and managing to a revenue goal
- Solid understanding of digital advertising and familiarity with display, native, social and branded content advertising, campaign performance metrics, tracking and attribution
- Fast-paced, energetic and curious sales leader that builds relationships to create and direct client digital marketing strategies. Should also be confident challenging the norms, innovating and building new business.
- Motivated, curious and creative team player who consistently strives to exceed goals and push revenue expectations
- Familiar with the Auto industry and competitive environment including knowledge of competitive product offerings.
- Comfort with CRM sales tools such as Salesforce.com to track all pertinent account information and sales progress as well as forecast and prioritize to achieve quarterly goals
- Passionate student of online media best practices and trends
- Ability to work individually and collaboratively to drive business forward
- Comfortable taking ownership of projects and showcasing key accomplishment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure and multitask in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to travel
A Bachelor’s degree in advertising, communications, marketing, or a related discipline is preferred, though candidates with relevant experience who hold other degrees will be considered.
5-7 years in digital sales, agency media planning, ad tech, or large ad agency trading desk, DSP or SSP will be more highly considered.
Location: Chicago, IL
Benefits and Company Perks
- Competitive salary + performance based bonuses
- Medical, Dental & Vision Plans
- Ongoing professional development
- Amazing company culture, super cool new offices