Manager, Restaurant Accounts
About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for part-time work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 17+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 105,000 restaurants in 2,000 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, Eat24).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
As a Manager in our Restaurant Accounts department, this position will be leading and developing a team of Account Advisors. The Account Advisor team's focus is to expand our restaurant relationships by selling and servicing existing restaurant clients.
- Lead a team of 8-10 Account Advisors who are actively improving our restaurant accounts every day.
- Develop the team’s sales skills to and teach them to build relationships with their portfolio of restaurant accounts.
- Work with each individual on your team to meet or exceed goals for account retention, enhancement and our online ordering products .
- Have a one on one with each team member at least once a month to discuss pipelines, activity performance and progress to personal goals.
- Have a team meeting at least once a month.
- Listen to sales calls and score them for quality and development purposes.
- Encourage team evolvement with our products and company initiatives.
- Contribute to cross-functional projects related to our restaurant accounts or our team’s tools and products.
You Should Have
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-5 years of sales or account management experience
- 2 or more years of sales management experience strongly preferred
- Experience working with (or selling to) restaurant owners is a major plus
- Outstanding, positive attitude
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. You must be a clear communicator and comfortable on the phone.
- Demonstrated experience leading and developing a team of people
- Effective analysis and problem solving skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to focus on detail while keeping an eye on the big picture
- Strong computer skills (MS Office, Google products) with the ability to quickly learn new software
- Experienced with Salesforce.com or similar toolset
- Proficiency in additional languages strongly preferred
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub/Seamless credit
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.