Internal Sales Consultant
The Group: The Morningstar Investment Management group consists of our investment advice, consulting, retirement-solutions, and index businesses. Through our registered investment advisor subsidiaries, we use our expertise in asset allocation, manager research, and portfolio construction to create innovative investment solutions for institutions, advisors, and their clients.
The Role: As an Internal Sales Consultant to join our growing sales team for Morningstar Investment Services, Inc. (MIS), a registered investment advisor and wholly owned subsidiary of Morningstar, Inc. You will work to in tandem with your Regional Sales Director to increase business within your assigned territory. This position is based out of our downtown Chicago office.
- Be conversant in all aspects of our managed portfolios program.
- Prospect new advisors within an assigned territory.
- Service existing advisors within territory.
- Utilize Salesforce CRM to document and manage prospecting efforts
- Interface with service team and investment team as needed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully prospect over the phone to financial advisors.
- Minimum of 2 years related industry experience.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong interest and ability to explain portfolio management concepts.
- Series 65 or 66 Licensed, or ability to attain licensing within six months of being hired.
- Bachelor`s degree required.