Inside Sales Manager
Got a taste for something new?
We’re Grubhub, the nation’s leading online and mobile food ordering company. Since 2004 we’ve been connecting hungry diners to the local restaurants they love. We’re moving eating forward with no signs of slowing down.
With more than 85,000 restaurants and over 15.6 million diners across 1,600 U.S. cities and London, we’re delivering like never before. Incredible tech is our bread and butter, but amazing people are our secret ingredient. Rigorously analytical and customer-obsessed, our employees develop the fresh ideas and brilliant programs that keep our brands going and growing.
Long story short, keeping our people happy, challenged and well-fed is priority one. Interested? Let’s talk. We’re eager to show you what we bring to the table.
Do you have the ability to coach a team toward achieving their goals & extracting the best effort out of every team member? Do you have expert leadership skills in order to challenge the team & help them with achieving immediate and long-term improvements?
As an Online Restaurant Sales Manager, you will cultivate and grow an inside sales team of about ten Executives at our downtown Chicago office.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Work closely with the Senior Manager of Restaurant Sales and the Director of Restaurant Sales to lead an inside sales team.
- Train, coach, motivate, and manage a team of Sales Executives to improve individual results.
- Identify opportunities to improve effectiveness and efficiencies with processes, tools, product offerings, and employee development.
- Use Salesforce.com to develop regular tracking and reporting of key performance metrics and translate these metrics into implications and recommendations.
- Develop effective coaching strategies and content for team meetings.
- Encourage transparency and align broader company initiatives with department goals.
- Monitor success outcomes from each team member through the creation of recognition programs, dashboards, and leader boards.
- Coordinate with The Restaurant Sales Management Team to ensure proper communication and alignment across teams.
- Be a respected leader while maintaining our collaborative and dynamic team culture.
- Develop clear expectations and instill accountability for employees across all aspects of their performance.
- Cultivate an open sales environment while maintaining competition and self-reliance.
- Encourage employees to contribute new ideas and solutions to problems.
- Take on projects outside of the scope of day to day responsibilities as needed by the sales department
- Contribute to the sales strategy as it relates to the department as a whole
You Should Have
- Have a coach’s mentality: you love helping others succeed and strive at pushing your team to its fullest potential
- Experience in developing processes, meeting deadlines, paying attention to detail, while remaining organized
- Possess a analytical, data driven mindset
- Experience working in a metrics/data-driven environment
- Have a deep interest and enthusiasm to work for a rapidly evolving company
- Experience with working in a high activity, high volume environment
- Have an understanding on how to analyze metrics and using them to improve performance
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work across multiple internal groups
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with Salesforce is a plus!
And Of Course, Perks!
- Competitive, uncapped compensation (Base salary + Monthly commission)
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Flexible Time Off
- Employee stock incentive
- 401k program that includes employer match
- Monthly pre-tax commuter benefit
- Sales contests & team events
- Free Grub
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. Grubhub is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.