Enterprise Account Executive
Hello, We’re Built In
Built In unites companies and people around their shared passion for tech and the universal need for purpose. To help our partners attract qualified talent, we create content that tells their story in a way no job post ever could — and we put their jobs in front of people who were born to do them. Our audience of sought-after candidates use Built In to find their professional purpose and connect meaningfully to the tech community, including by reading our content, networking at our events and applying to jobs at companies they believe in.
Headquartered in Chicago, we also serve Los Angeles, Colorado, Austin, New York, Boston and Seattle.
When you work for Built In, you have the opportunity to change lives by giving talented people access to purpose, not just a paycheck. And you’ll make an impact on some of the most exciting companies in tech, helping them hire their next wave of elite talent. Be part of Built In, and be part of the future of tech.
We’re looking for an Enterprise Account Executive
As an Enterprise Account Executive, you will be responsible for selling new business to Talent Acquisition leaders within large, enterprise technology companies. You must be someone who is driven to surpass goals while delivering a great experience to prospects, clients and coworkers. We need someone who knows what it takes to build something from the ground up, who treats the “job” as his or her own business, and thrives on learning daily. You’re a proven closer who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic sales environment and has experience working with enterprise accounts.
How you’ll contribute
If you asked us to sum up the Account Executive role in three bullet points, we'd say:
- Sales - Your goal is to prospect, build, grow and manage a pipeline of enterprise accounts while working with the entire team to meet and exceed sales goals.
- Build Relationships - Create new customers by cultivating relationships, and regularly setting up product demos. Travel to your market is required.
- Market Research - Acquire ongoing market intelligence by researching trends and best practices, reading business publications, and becoming an expert in the local technology community
What you need
- 5+ years of sales experience
- Ability to meet or exceed one million dollars in revenue target per year
- Proven ability to generate new business
- Ability to strongly influence decision makers at C and VP levels
- Experience working with SalesForce or another CRM preferred
- Excellent understanding of sales process, forecasting and pipeline management
- HR or Recruiting sales experience is strongly preferred
What We Value
We’re revolutionizing tech recruitment. So we question everything, because the best answers sit just to the right of a question mark. That’s our heritage as a disruptive company — as a company whose future depends on our capacity to innovate with a sense of drive, purpose and urgency. If you join Built In, you will work from this set of values:
- Be Unreasonably Passionate. Our passion is borderline obsessive, and we’re ok with that. No one ever built anything great on a “meh.” We work with outsized passion to fulfill our mission.
- Be Humble. You don’t have all the answers. Luckily, you don’t have to. Don’t worry about being right. Be humble instead.
- Stay Curious. Curiosity is a springboard to the future. It can transform the wisp of an idea into a breakthrough. We ask “what if.” We work with wonder. It’s how we innovate.
- Lead with Solutions. Question everything. But offer solutions as you do. Raise issues. But propose a few answers. For every hole you poke, offer a way to patch it up.
- Own the Result. We have no time for blame or shame. When you stumble, own it, learn from it + get back to business.
- Do More. Do more than your job description. Take initiative. Take charge. No job is beneath you, and no job is too big. Be a leader and do more — do whatever it takes.
Built In is an equal employment opportunity employer and values diversity. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.