Director, Strategic Business Development
What We Do
Uptake helps industrial companies digitally transform with open, purpose-built software that delivers outcomes that matter. Built on a foundation of data science and machine learning, our vision is to create a world that always works — one where the machines and equipment we depend on daily don’t break, and industrial companies are once again the creators of economic growth and opportunity.
What You'll Do:
As Director of Strategic Business Development, you will collaborate with our top prospective clients to develop and execute software-as-a-service sales strategies, drive opportunities to close, and deliver world-class customer relationship management. This is a highly visible role, and an opportunity to work with senior Uptake executives to shape the strategy and execution of the fast-growing company as we build to global scale.
- Develop and implement methodology to analyze and pursue prospective customers, and quickly align their strategic objectives with Uptake’s product offerings
- Design and institutionalize a SaaS sales process that allows for clear goal-setting, accountability, and continuous learning
- Curate and manage a world-class customer experience throughout the lifecycle of a relationship, and ensure all relevant account information is captured and capitalized on
- Partner with Uptake Marketing on the creation of pitch and commercialization materials, as well as conferences, webinars, and other key industry events
- Collaborate with Uptake’s Product team to ensure that the product road map reflects market needs and gaps
- Engage with Uptake training, finance, and operations teams to manage customer welcome and onboarding activities
The successful candidate will be an entrepreneurial salesperson comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a rapidly expanding technology organization.
- 8-10 years experience in industrial B2B software sales and account management, demonstrating successful sales growth and increasing levels of responsibility
- Embrace a collaborative mindset, and a record of building successful relationships with colleagues and customers, including at executive level
- Driven self-starter with ability to work under minimal supervision and learn complex concepts and domains quickly
- Strong project management skills, including a proven ability to think through all aspects of the sales process, manage long-term projects, and multitask
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to adapt to the changing requirements of a growth company
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Strong relationships in the wind industry highly desirable
- Understanding of SaaS business models and industrial software providers a plus
- An entrepreneurial spirit, sense of humor, and the passion to help create new client channels and partnerships for Uptake
Why Work Here
Uptake is a values-driven organization, and we are excited about what we do. We’re flexible, honest, hardworking, and collaborative. As a team, we bring our diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and experiences together to solve tough, important problems. We support and challenge one another to bring out the best in each of us, and we might have a little fun along the way. We’re also proud to be one of Chicago’s best places to work in 2018 according to Forbes and Great Place to Work Institute.
We offer generous benefits including health, dental, vision, parental leave, 401K match, and unlimited vacation. We are lifelong learners, and our Uptake University program offers training and professional development on a wide variety of topics. We also have employee-led community groups including [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], and many more. Learn more at https://www.uptake.com/careers.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Uptake welcomes and encourages applications from all individuals, without regard to any prohibited ground of discrimination, including from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.