Director, Sales Effectiveness
At Lumere, we are clinicians, researchers, engineers, analysts, marketers, and strategic thought leaders focused on one mission: helping hospital leaders and physicians deliver the highest quality, most efficient care by uncovering and eliminating unwarranted care variation and unnecessary costs - specifically related to device and drug selection and utilization.
Our vanguard approach? Partnering with health systems to ensure that care delivery choices are always backed by data and guided by evidence, drug and device costs are justified by clinical outcomes, and doctors and hospital leaders have access to the right insights and analytics to make the best care decisions for every patient.
What you will be doing:
The Director of Sales Effectiveness will play a key role in driving Lumere’s commercial performance and efficiency. Reporting directly to the VP of Sales and partnering cross-functionally, you will create and oversee the blueprint that will enable our commercial functions, and therefore our business, to scale productively and effectively. You will own the design and enforcement of effective policies and procedures on core sales operation functions including forecasting, planning, alignment, targeting, incentive compensation, contracts, pipeline status, data governance, and metrics. As the Director of Sales Effectiveness, you will be responsible for strategy and oversight of onboarding and ongoing training, sales enablement, process design, and more.
- Own overall quality and accuracy of the commercial pipeline and forecast, including new customer acquisition, upsell, and renewal of current customers
- Drive discipline and forecast accuracy across the organization: instill pipeline hygiene, lead regular territory reviews with commercial teams, build pipeline coverage and manage forecast reporting to the company's Commercial Leaders on overall pipeline progress and risk to projected outcomes
- Champion and deploy best practices for usage, reporting, and forecasting in Lumere’s CRM system (Salesforce.com) as chair of Lumere’s CRM Optimization Committee. Work closely with the Salesforce.com system administrator to design and deploy relevant resulting changes to the Salesforce.com system
- Work closely with the Manager of Sales Enablement and Training to develop training, on-boarding, and certification programs that drive pipeline and forecasting best practices
- Work closely with Sales, Marketing, and Strategy leadership to deploy data-driven methods to optimize client segmentation and account targeting approaches
- Work closely with the VP of Sales to support territory and quota design
- Hire, train, and manage a team of 2+ people
- 7+ years of relevant experience in sales operations, sales, or financial planning & analytics
- Experience in both a large, well-established company and a smaller, high-growth
- company is a plus
- In-depth knowledge of a variety of sales processes, methodologies, and best practices
- CRM/Salesforce.com expertise, advanced excel and reporting capabilities, and experience with leveraging multiple databases to drive models and analysis forward
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and communication skills with commercial teams
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Analytics, Finance, or a related field
- Energized by scaling a growing organization’s sales operations function
- Passionate about improving healthcare spend through innovation and technology