Director, National Sales Support and Inside Sales
Job Title: Director of National Sales Support and Inside Sales
Paylocity (NASDAQ: PCTY) is revolutionizing the way organizations nationwide approach payroll and human resources. We have an army of programmers and developers who use cutting-edge technology to create solutions for some of the country’s most well-known brands. Our focus on both clients and employees has resulted in Paylocity being named one of Chicago’s fastest-growing tech companies and continually earning the distinction of a best place to work.
Reporting to the Senior Director of National Sales Support and Inside Sales, the Director of National Sales Support and Inside Sales plays an important role within our Sales Division. This role will provide leadership and oversight to our CCC (Current Client Consultant), BTA (Benefit Technology Advisor), and NSS (National Sales Support) teams. Each of these teams is an integral part of Paylocity’s sales organization. Current Client Consultants are responsible for generating additional revenue from Paylocity’s existing client base, developing business relationships with each client and identifying their business objectives, thereby ensuring the Paylocity solutions meet those objectives. Benefit Technology Advisors are responsible for generating, maintaining and closing new sales and business opportunities for FSA, HSA, HRA, and TMA. NSS is responsible for creating a large portion of our leads by identifying key decision makers and collecting business intelligence to drive sales. The Director of National Sales Support and Inside Sales will be immediately responsible for overseeing a group of 7 direct reports and 175 indirect reports with significant growth expected in the near future.
Essential Job Duties
* Ensure that Paylocity’s strategic objectives and plans are met
* Define goals and performance metrics
* Plan, organize, direct and coach the teams
* Hire, develop, and maintain managers
* Create an environment to share ideas, mentor subordinates, and promote our vision
* Meet and exceed assigned sales activity standards and sales quotas
* Create an atmosphere that attracts, retains, and motivates teams to reach high quality standards
* Oversee relationships with brokers, existing clients, and sales organization
* Conduct regular weekly and monthly team meetings
* Perform one on one weekly meeting with each direct report
* Offer counseling, advice, support, motivation or information based on the needs of the teams
* Create an established chain of command for any escalations
* Manage customer relationship management (CRM) database
* Perform miscellaneous duties and work on special projects as assigned
* Travel as required
Experience and Skills:
Experience and Requirements
* Bachelor’s degree
* Minimum of 3+ years of sales experience
* Minimum 5+ years of experience managing and motivating sales teams
* Experience in B2B sales, customer service, and customer retention
* Strong recruitment, development and retention experience
* Strong communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills
* Prior experience using a CRM system for client management
* Ability to meet deadlines and to prioritize workload
* Proven leadership and relationship building skills
* Ability to multi-task
* Robust knowledge of sales and benefits methodologies
* Proven results of delivering client solutions
* Strong knowledge of sales processes and methodologies, and ability to understand Sales mindset to create value proposition for quicker assimilation into work process
* Strong active listening skills to be able to uncover client needs and objectives
* Proficiency with the Internet and MS Office applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
* Mobility required for sitting, standing and walking.
* Manual/finger dexterity required in both hands to operate computer keyboard and manipulate small objects.
* Sensory ability required to see, hear and touch.
* Mental effort required for reading, writing, visualization, calculation and analysis.
* Job duties usually performed in an office environment with uniform temperatures and normal air conditions
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.