Channel Partner Sales
We’re a growing company, and we need key players like you to work directly with America’s largest brokers, associations and other channel partners!
We’re looking for a full-time Channel Partner, within our Sales team, to help PerkSpot increase overall sales with new and existing partners. This person will play a crucial role in the future growth of PerkSpot.
At PerkSpot, we work with America’s top employers to offer the best perks and discounts to millions of employees These exclusive savings are a great recruitment and retention tool that allows their employees to take advantage of unique opportunities and feel great about their company. We help employees from over 700 companies like Walgreens, McDonald's, and Lyft to save on everything from gym memberships and movie tickets to electronics, new cars, and travel.
Profitable and growing. Our company was founded in 2006 by good people with great vision, and we’re carrying on the work they started. As we enter our twelfth year, we’re proud of our leadership position in the industry, but we’re committed to doing more – developing better products, reaching more employers, and getting more employees engaged with our platform.
About the Role
This is a channel sales position, ideal for someone with experience in the benefits and insurance industry. As a Channel Partner, you will be responsible for growing our relationships with existing partners, as well as developing new relationships to help fuel future growth. By leveraging a consultative sales approach, you will engage partners as a trusted advisor, establishing credibility and offering insights and solutions to help create a win/win environment. The ability to achieve sales goals, manage strategic business relationships while continually prospecting, will be critical to your success.
With aggressive year-over-year growth, there is great upward mobility for career-motivated people at PerkSpot. The compensation package is generous and set up so that top performers are amply rewarded. There will be some travel with this job, as well as a competitive base, commission and draw. The position reports to the VP of Sales and is based in Chicago, IL.
A successful candidate will have:
- 2+ years experience in channel partner management
- The ideal candidate will have 2+ years of experience in the voluntary benefit space, or be familiar with working with benefit brokers.
- Experience establishing and growing channel partnerships
- The ability to do the right thing under stress and tight deadlines
- Highly motivated and aggressive, but possessed of good teamwork skills
- Excellent presentation, verbal, and writing skills
- Innately curious with the desire to learn
Your First Month
- Meet the team. Culture is big at PerkSpot. Take this time to meet the team and learn the ins and outs of the business and how we can best collaborate and win as a team.
- Learn about our value proposition and how we help our clients
- Understanding our partners buying motivations and common problems they face
- Identify and map top target partners and associations
- Throughout Your Career Here
- Develop and elevate your skills
- Learn how to run an efficient and effective partner process
- Master advanced sales techniques
- Plan to work hard, learn a lot, and have fun while your doing it
The Perks of Working at PerkSpot
We’re a big platform, but still a small team. That means we’re going to trust you with more responsibility than elsewhere, and invest in you more. You’re going to grow – a lot.
We’re a team of fifty people working out of our office in Chicago’s River North neighborhood. We dress how we like, boast an open time-off policy, stock a good beer selection, and we’re pretty obsessive about our coffee. Most of all, we welcome good people with lots of energy and enthusiasm.
PerkSpot offers the full suite of benefits you’d expect from a profitable, established company, including health and dental insurance, 401(k), pre-tax transit benefits, and fully-funded disability coverage. We have in-office bike storage and a shower on-site.
We hold weekly all-company get-togethers where we learn from what went wrong and celebrate what went right. Every week at PerkSpot, we aim a little higher and get a little bit better than the previous week.
All applications will be kept strictly confidential. Please submit a resume AND cover letter (a cover letter is very important to us) telling us how you stack up to the qualifications, plus any other information you feel would be relevant to PerkSpot. Don’t be afraid to show your spark and personality!
All positions require a full background screening.