Buyer, Softlines - Groupon Goods
We are seeking retail-savvy buyers to fuel the growth of Groupon Goods, our retail arm dedicated to featuring great deals on great products. This role would be responsible for sourcing cool and innovative products that our customers will love.
This buyer will source and procure products that we share with subscribers every day, and in turn provide a customizable way for brands to connect with a potentially new customer base. This buying role leverages the acumen and consumer-products expertise of traditional buyers. We are seeking candidates for our Footwear category.
- Source and solidify top-tier-brand relationships, in order to curate products that consumers will love
- Negotiate terms of sale, price point, and margin
- Research product landscape to keep current with industry trends and pricing dynamics in the consumer-product-goods space
- Ability to mange category selection to optimize sales and the customer experience
- Possible travel (up to 10%) to trade shows
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-4+ years of experience as a Buyer, with evidence of successful negotiation in competitive market
- Must be proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite
- Must have a demonstrated business acumen
- Meticulous attention to detail with a proven track record of delivering results while juggling multiple projects
- Examples of having met weekly deadlines with moving targets with an understanding if the impact it has to category P&L
- Evidence of maintaining focus in a whirlwind of change
- Evidence of maintaining perfect pitch while singing “Wind of Change” by Scorpions
- Proof of business-polished written and verbal communication
- Experience displaying the ability to manage a category at both macro and micro level and an understating of the impact it has on the organization as a whole
Groupon provides a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime. We’re enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products, and live or lively events. At the same time, we are providing advertising options and tools that merchants can use to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward. Community matters to us on an internal, local and global scale—it’s fundamental to our company’s growth and to the well-being of the world at large. We also value self-awareness, candor, lunch and WiFi. If we match with you, please apply to join us.