About G2 Crowd
G2 Crowd’s real-time and unbiased user reviews help you objectively assess what tools are best for your business. Until recently, selecting business solutions was hard, risky, and inherently biased. G2 Crowd empowers business buying decisions by highlighting the voice of the customer. Our review platform leverages more than 250,000 independent and authenticated user reviews read by nearly 900,000 buyers each month. Our model brings transparency to B2B buying - changing the way decisions are made.
About the Role
G2 Crowd is seeking a Research Specialist to join our Buyer Research team, whose main objective is to inform, educate and assist software and services buyers. The Research Specialist understands the importance of data and has the writing chops to convert that data into insightful, engaging blog and website content that our audiences will want to read and share. Additionally, the research specialist will turn their knowledge into personalized insights and advice for software buyers via online chat and buyer inquiries, providing first-class service and helping them find the tools most relevant to them.
G2 Crowd has millions of data points across thousands of software products and professional services. Research Specialists are tasked with understanding our unique data and information through both intentional research and direct engagement with software and service buyers. Research Specialists are responsible for taking ownership over software categories and becoming the experts in those spaces.
We’re looking for a self-motivated individual with exceptional writing skills and an analytical eye to help us tell meaningful, data-driven stories and share insights and trends in interesting ways.
- Research software products, service providers, and industries
- Engage and assist software and service buyers through the decision making process via online chat, email, or phone-based inquiry calls
- Write in-depth articles, SEO-driven web copy and compelling blog posts
- Maintain product and category data to support quality content production
- Collaborate with the rest of the G2 Crowd team to develop and deliver new types content offerings
- Strong writing skills and desire to write
- Some experience in a B2B software or services industry
- Desire to help buyers via multiple channels, including chat, email, or inquiry calls
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in related discipline
- Fast learner who can work independently
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proven ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience and interest in customer service is a plus
- 1-2 years of professional experience is a plus
- SEO experience is a plus
Why we love G2 Crowd
G2 Crowd was founded to create a place where people will love to work. We strive to create meaning in work and provide more than just a job: a true calling. G2 Crowd is a place where people can be authentic and grow, find meaning and passion in work, and be motivated to succeed by a supportive group of coworkers. We pride ourselves on creating an environment where people can enjoy coming to work every day, by supporting our employees in their professional and personal lives.
We encourage all candidates to review our interview process to best prepare themselves on what to expect as a candidate of G2 Crowd.