RXBAR: We manufacture, market and distribute whole food protein bars. While the protein bar market is crowded, RXBAR cuts through the clutter with a clean ingredient deck and disruptive branding. A unique, “No B.S” value proposition has propelled RXBAR to be a major, rapidly growing player in the nutrition category.
Research Manager: The success of RXBAR is grounded in a history of progressive research through all aspects of the business, understanding both customer and product. Innovation, continuous improvement and a deep understanding of our ingredients through scientific approach has defined the Research & Development (R&D) department at RXBAR.
Expanding and improving our approach to research is critical to maintain and continue elevating the quality of current and future products. The Research Manager will further consolidate these turnkey aspects within R&D. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for someone with a passion for the food industry and a desire to directly impact growth in the business.
General Functions + Job Responsibilities:
- Lead and professionalize the research functional area
- Create, oversee and execute research programs to deliver technical solutions to improve product quality, leveraging strong expertise in food physical chemistry and food ingredient functionality
- Lead multidisciplinary research driven by current and future strategic business goals
- Collaborative Leader- Work very closely with Product Development and Innovation Technology groups to support new product development, continuous improvement, scale-up, and troubleshooting
- Scientific Consultation & Communication- Provide consultation to other scientists, manufacturers, and business units on technical issues; Provide top line review of experimental results to large and diverse groups (both internally and externally)
- Stay current on new research methods and equipment
Skills and Qualifications:
- Positive attitude, a thirst for knowledge, and an excitement for growing our business
- Bachelor’s of Science degree in Chemistry, Engineering, Food Science, Life Sciences, or related field required; Graduate degree preferred (M.S. / PhD)
- At least 4+ years of academic or industry research experience
- Solid experience in design of experiments (DoE), protein chemistry, emulsions and with a wide variety of laboratory equipment related to material characterization required
- Excellent communication and meticulous data management skills
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills, who is extremely result and detail-oriented
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, effectively manage workload to meet deadlines, while ensuring a high standard of quality
- Strong interpersonal skills, team player
- Always pursues excellence
- Passion for food business
Total Rewards Package: Competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, 401K plan with RXBAR match, cell phone & fitness membership reimbursement, subsidized commuter benefits, bike & helmet, unlimited RXBARs, RXBAR gear and invaluable experience growing a company.
Please NO Recruiter or Third Party / Agency Inquiries