Unique opportunity with a mobile marketing leader
We help marketers unlock new revenue by arming them with the technology and expertise they need to succeed in mobile marketing. Catapult, our mobile engagement platform, enables marketers to easily manage all mobile communication channels including text messaging, push notifications, Apple Wallet, Android Pay and mobile web campaigns — all through a single interface. Vibes has delivered more than five billion mobile experiences on behalf of customers that include Chiptole, Gap, Old Navy, Home Depot, Pet Smart, Foot Locker and Allstate, and is recognized as one of only four Tier 1 aggregators by the The Common Short Code Administration (CSCA). To learn more about Vibes, visit www.vibes.com.
Vibes cares about character and culture as much as competency. We strive to build a workplace where people are excited to come to work every day, and feel empowered and motivated to do their best work. For a quick take on Vibes' environment and culture, check out: http://chicagocreativespace.com/vibes
We are currently seeking a top performing QA Engineer who is responsible for creating an end-to-end test plan to confirm application functionality that is well defined, planned and executed to ensure that all the objectives are met. A successful candidate will be self-motivated, focused, thorough, accountable and a team player.
- Design, develop, document, execute, and maintain test cases/plans to address functional, system, integration, performance, user acceptance and regression testing.
- Work closely with the Agile Team to develop comprehensive test suites providing complete test coverage.
- Liaison with development, product, project management, and customer support teams.
- Provide regular status reports on progress, documentation, and metrics.
- Help define, promote, and ensure adherence to quality assurance processes.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in information technology or other technical or related field required, or equivalent knowledge and experience.
- 3+ years of experience in manual testing client server and Web-based applications, with a good understanding of automated performance, load, and stress testing.
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes.
- Solid understanding of database technologies, SQL Server, Postgres preferred
- Experience with bug tracking and test case management tools.
- Ability to maintain test data and control test environments.
- Extensive experience testing applications across multiple browsers and operating systems.
- Experience working with Agile methodologies, QA and Release procedures and SDLC overall.
- Functional knowledge of application security standards and practices.
- Experience working with Windows, Mac, Mobile OS (iOS and Android), Linux knowledge will be an asset.
- Experience working with APIs.
- Ability to focus on meeting deadlines and deliverables.
- Experience working in fast paced environment.
- Ability to think abstract and excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal.
- Good understanding of object oriented concepts and application design principles.
Having the following will be a plus:
- Knowledge on test driven development.
- Experience with Continuous Integration (CI) tools.
- Experience with Functional and Performance Automation Tools.
- Experience with Scripting Languages, Java Script will be an asset.
- Experience testing Mobile Applications.
Our Core Values:
- Respect, Honesty, and Integrity for All Stakeholders
- Always be Learning
- Relentless Focus on the Customer
- Never be Satisfied
- Create Value
- Seek Accountability and Ownership
Vibes is an equal opportunity employer that encourages and fosters diversity in the workplace. We offer a career building experience in a fast paced organization and industry.