VP of Distribution
About the role:
We are looking for a Vice President of Distribution to help us deliver on our mission of making fresh, wholesome food accessible to everyone. This role will be responsible for Fridge installations, route planning, safe and efficient food delivery, and Fridge up-time/appearance to ensure an optimal customer experience. This role is the critical bridge between running day-to-day operations across multiple geographies and building the processes and systems necessary to support this part of the business through rapid growth; all while building a strong team culture centered around collaboration, transparency, and humility.
What kind of person are we looking for?
- Efficiency minded, process driven, and improvement-oriented
- A strategic communicator, able to connect all members of the team to the company's vision and short/long term goals
- Empathetic, fair, and consistent - morale of the team is just as important as the numbers the team can hit
- Able to anticipate, identify, and remove sources of friction to empower their team
- A hands on, executional leader, who would never say (or imply) "that's not my job"
In a typical week, you will...
- Oversee all distribution operations, including Fridge procurement, installation, routing, and servicing as well as food delivery/stocking, across multiple geographies.
- Build a team to support rapid business growth and market entry through multiple pick-up points, cross-docks, and point of sale locations.
- Establish key performance indicators and ensure cost and quality targets are achieved.
- Build replicable, scalable, systems and processes to support business growth.
- Design and build organizational structures which provide growth opportunities, cross-training, and avenues of succession at all levels of the team.
- Work with Quality and Food Safety to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations, including but not limited to OSHA and FDA standards.
- Develop a culture of continuous improvement, flexibility, and openness.
- Execute growth plans and critical projects as the business expands nationally.
- Own Distribution business P&L and deliver on budget goals.
- 10+ years of Operations experience, a portion of which spent in a leadership role at a rapidly growing business (Ideally $20m - $200m size)
- Experience managing multiple remote locations, professionals and both exempt and non-exempt workforce
- A degree in engineering, business, and/or operations management, and an MBA or graduate degree in related field
- Experience in a high-growth environment required, preferably in logistics, supply chain, or related field
- Ability to operate in ambiguous situations and be flexible as the organization changes and grows - we are a new place every quarter!
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills
- Traditional Benefits -- Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Short Term Disability, LTD
- 10 paid holidays
- Generous PTO policy
- Daily Fridge Credits
- Monthly cell phone credit
- Spontaneous company events and community service activities
- Work with a phenomenal team of individuals that are constantly pushing the market boundaries to offer healthy food at the utmost convenience.
About Farmer's Fridge:
At Farmer's Fridge, we're committed to making wholesome, delicious food simply accessible, so people can live a little happier. We aim to remove the roadblocks to eating well on the go. That means sourcing top-notch ingredients, handcrafting meals in our kitchen, packing & delivering fresh to our network of Fridges and ensuring the best possible customer experience. Unpurchased items are regularly donated to local food depositories, providing responsibly sourced nutrition to community members in need. If you're passionate about our mission to change the food system for the better, our team just may be the right fit for you.
View our disclosures related to External Agencies and Applicants below.