Technical Project Manager
The Marketing Store is a global company that brings the spirit of brands to life. Our clients include a wide range of the worlds’ top brands and marketers. We have a positive culture and work environment that promotes personal and professional growth.
Having developed an insightful, strategic, brand-building process for creating advertising campaigns, we have adapted this same thinking to promotions, digital, direct, the Internet, CRM, premiums and events. The result is unique solutions that cover the gamut of marketing channels.
- Understands processes required to deliver a multi-faceted technology solution, defining key deliverables, milestones, and tools required.
- Partners with Account team, Product Owner and other project team members to estimate costs and timing for tasks such as strategy, functional and/or visual design, development, QA, etc., utilizing established estimating process and tools.
- Develops a clear Stakeholder management plan and Communication management document.
- Collaborates with project team to drive the approach, deliverables, schedule and tools to deliver the project within established constraints.
- Develops and demonstrates an understanding of the client’s business needs, expectations, and requirements.
- Coordinates all activities of the project team and ensures that project tasks are completed by: scheduling and facilitating project-related team meetings (i.e. kick-offs, status, reviews, etc.), and communicating action steps to team.
- Understands the risks and benefits of leading a diverse non-co-located team
- Develops/maintains key project management documents and distributes to relevant team members including SOWs, project schedules, budgets, status reports, change orders, post mortems, and invoices.
- Leads a matrixed project team of technology architects, business analysts, system engineers, infrastructure technologists, UX and creative staff to successfully deliver significant business technology change in a large-scale enterprise environment.
- Contributes to content and presentation of key client deliverables as required to ensure relevancy, quality and timeliness.
- Acts as a day-to-day point-of-contact to the client on project-related issues, including project scope, timeline, budget and resourcing, and may assist Account in obtaining and documenting client signoff during the project. Defines, manages and controls project scope based on client requirements. Applies the change control process, as necessary, to ensure that projects are completed according to schedule and within budget.
- Collaboratively partners with the Product Owner in management of the project scope to ensure project delivery timeline
- Creates and maintains project risk register and issue log. Escalates project risks and issues to account leads, functional leads and executives based on severity and impact to the project timeline and budget. Works with team to identify and develop mitigation plans for addressing risks and issues.
- Manages projects against margins approved during the sales process, tracks finances of a project and communicating margin impacts to account and executive teams.
- Manages project financial lifecycle, including estimates, revenue forecasts, invoicing, payables, receivables, etc.
- Ensures the use of project management best practices and applies lessons learned from previous projects: sharing lessons learned with project management team members.
- Able to identify gaps in processes and implements new processes based on best practices as determined by the PMO
- Influence senior leadership to adopt new ideas, products, and/or approaches when appropriate.
- Works with Account Management lead, Resource Management, and HR to ensure that projects are appropriately staffed, including both employee and contingent workers. Thinks creatively in solving staffing conflicts and identifying different staffing solutions for delivering the work.
- Follows internal processes and adjusts staffing needs in a timely manner based on project shifts.
- Manages vendor/third party relationships.
- Leads project teams by: promoting team building; planning, assigning and directing work; interviewing and/or onboarding new project team members; providing regular feedback on performance as it relates to specific project work –motivating team members; and helping to resolve employee relations and performance issues.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field required.
- 4 + years of experience managing technology solutions, digital and/or mobile projects, preferably in a consulting, traditional agency or digital technology platform environment.
- Experience implementing information technology systems or developing applications in role(s) such as programmer, analyst, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of one or more of the following: Waterfall development life cycles, Agile software development life cycles, web and mobile technologies and development processes, and the delivery of solutions with creative and engineering components, media and advertising projects, marketing strategy projects.
- Advanced understanding of project management methodology including the ability to identify and resolve issues, manage risk, develop detailed work plans and specifications, manage resource allocations and run team meetings. PMP, SCM, or ITIL certification is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Has shown an ability to work collaboratively with a Product Owner
- Detailed-oriented but able to see the big picture
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate project team, inspire teamwork and take a leadership role on a project.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems with keen instincts and organizational experience.
- Expert Microsoft Project, JIRA, Visio and MS Office skills.
- Must be able to simultaneously focus on big picture, details and driving results.
The Marketing Store provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees starting on day one. Our benefits include options for medical and dental insurance, 401(k) plan with Company matching provision, profit sharing, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, life insurance, health and wellness benefits (including discounts on products & services), employee assistance program, and disability insurance.
Thank you for your interest in The Marketing Store.
Please note that we will only contact candidates who are selected for an interview.
The Marketing Store is an equal opportunity employer.
We do not accept unsolicited calls, resumes or candidate referrals from recruiters and agencies.