Strategic Sourcing Manager
Job Description Summary
This role will focus on establishing and improving global strategic outsource and casualty provider engagements using a variety of systems, optimizing processes and metrics to ensure that timely, accurate and insightful information is available. This will include contract management activities related to casualty vendors (outsource and PPO) working with Legal, Procurement, P&T, and the Casualty Executive Team.
The ideal candidate will play a key consultative role to our internal customers, including identifying strategic information needs, conducting data and process analyses, providing actionable recommendations, and executing planning and analytical projects that support the organization's strategic objectives. This position will assist in the development of targeted action planning for business leaders and serve as an internal thought leader on process and vendor planning issues and topics.
- Identifying opportunities for additional cost savings, including evaluation of pricing and negotiation of agreements.
- Managing and developing a staff of recruiters to obtains specialty services.
- Participates in special projects/initiatives under the supervision of a senior staff/manager.
- Conducts market research, best practices investigations, and industry trends analyses for specific procurement and contracting efforts.
- Solicits/reviews vendor performance information, using department compliance with specific strategic contracts, and spend patterns to make recommendations for the development of future procurement strategy.
- Develops and reviews specifications and statement of work/scope of services for solicitations.
- Assists with the development of presentations and workshops regarding procurement solicitations, specifications and contracting topics.
- Lead complex research and analysis projects related to internal and external trends for multiple units/departments
- Design and develop accurate dashboards, reports, presentations and visual aids to educate, inform and influence the decisions of leadership
- Integrate data from multiple systems and develop/use analytics on organizational performance metrics and other key performance indicators
Engagement & Project Management
- Partner with others to identify research questions, sources and hypotheses, determine key metrics, and interpret results
- Accurately assess information requests and business situations and determine methods & procedures to address complex assignments
- Manage all phases of projects, including contracting and consulting with internal stakeholders, developing research/project plans, data collection, analysis and presentation
- Provide knowledge sharing across the organization in advanced analytics techniques and strategic planning methods
- Build a foundation of analytical capabilities throughout the organization
- Provide guidance and support to recruiting team members through both formal and informal learning channels
- Serve as subject matter expert to internal customers and stakeholders
- Design and implement reports to help the organization make data-driven decisions
- Incorporate historical analytics, strategic plans, and other assessments into "what-if” modeling scenarios to inform forecasting, supply modeling, and gap analysis
- Conduct job analyses, competency modeling, and validation studies with key stakeholders and subject matter experts
- Bachelor’s degree with 6 years of experience with analytics, contracting and sourcing
- Knowledge of marketplace
- Ability and willingness to travel within assigned areas of responsibility, including overnight stays
- PC proficiency including Microsoft Office software and a high level of analytical proficiency
Why Choose CCC:
We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer generous benefit plans and resources designed with employee satisfaction in mind.
What we value is simple - customers, employee commitment, collaboration and clear communication.
We hire people who will embrace the company’s goals and productively contribute in ways that help us serve the customer, innovate, and stay strong.
We make it a priority to keep employees healthy, happy and enriched.
- Healthy - Wellness programs, competitive medical benefit offerings
- Happy – Recognition programs, a confidential employee assistance program, Perkspot/employee discount program and potentially flexible work arrangements such as staggered start times
- Enriched – Tuition reimbursement, training and learning programs, and leadership development opportunities
Our corporate headquarters is located in downtown Chicago within the historic Merchandise Mart—a certified LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) building.
Please Note: Contingent Workers, Field Inventory Representatives and Interns are not eligible for the benefits above.
CCC Information Services was recognized by Forbes as one of America’s Best Mid-Sized Employers in 2018 and ranked #17 in the Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago in 2017 by Built In Chicago.
CCC is ready to help you shift your career into high gear. Let's get started!