Sr. Scrum Master
Solstice is an innovation and emerging technology firm that helps Fortune 500 companies seize new opportunities through world-changing digital solutions. As strategists and consultants, we help organizations evolve their digital strategy to solve mission-critical problems. As designers and developers, we build incredible hardware and software solutions that transcend a standalone product and transform an organization’s relationship with its customers. As instructors and coaches, we help companies transform from the inside out by adopting a high-speed culture of innovation. We’re strategists, researchers, designers and engineers hell-bent on changing the way the world does business. We’re headquartered in Chicago and have delivery offices in New York, London, and Buenos Aires.
We are looking for someone to join our Chicago team as a Scrum Master, with particular interest or experience educating and coaching organizations on the Agile Scrum methodology.
You are just as excited about driving change with digital solutions as we are and meet the following requirements:
- Understanding of Agile Scrum roles, artifacts, and ceremonies and able to communicate and teach processes effectively to teams
- Experience working with Rally or a similar project management software
- A proponent for Servant Leadership
- Familiarity with budget management, while keeping deliverables on time and within budget
- You desire to bring transparency to the business team about development; growing trust while demonstrating your commitment to deliverables to the business team
- You have a keen eye for delivery issues and risks, and a sense of urgency for removing blocks and driving continuous improvement
- You understand healthy team dynamics and know how to coach and grow a high-performing team
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Prior experience in a Scrum Master role
- Bachelor’s degree
You’ll be working next to industry experts to pave the future of digital transformation in the enterprise by:
- Facilitating all necessary team meetings (sprint planning, daily standups, sprint reviews/retrospectives, etc.)
- Facilitating Agile release planning and helping the PO manage the release backlog.
- Coaching the team in Agile relative estimation techniques, cross-functionality and self-organization
- Identifying, managing, and mitigating project issues and risks
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially with respect to defining and prioritizing the product backlog
- Ensuring transparency into the team’s work through the sprint backlog, burndown chart and other Agile metrics
- Leading by example - knowing when and how, to push for more results
- Proactively Identifying and removing impediments that interfere with the ability of the team to deliver the sprint commitments
- Being the coach and all around advocate for the Agile Scrum delivery methodology amongst project team and client stakeholders
We welcome Solsties to show up as their full selves everyday. Because this is so important to us, Solstice is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.